Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

INSPIRE 2 in cabin luggage !!

Reaction score
Hi All

Task: To easily pack and safely transport full I2 system when traveling on a plane without sending as checked baggage (will never get lost or damaged) - and straight through security

After some modification to the arms, I managed to get the I2 into a cabin bag (55x25x15cm) on a flight in Europe
in the bag was : I2 - Cendence - 6x Batteries - Crystalsky 5.6 - X7 - 35mm - all chargers and cables - Prop guards x4 - Lights - Macbook pro - reader SSD

Features:

- quick locking arms
- extra safe motor mount (eliminate other systems)
- Total weight around 15 kg (British Airways max weight 23KG)
- back pack & roller
- fly in less than 5min
- no need for open body on I2 when installing system

let me know if anyone is interested - I can post more info and videos

Screenshot 2018-10-04 at 21.35.57.pngScreenshot 2018-10-04 at 21.37.57.pngScreenshot 2018-10-04 at 21.38.42.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-04 at 21.38.42.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-04 at 21.38.42.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
Reactions: Raphael Dahan
I would be interested to know what British Airways said when you told them you had 6 lithium batteries in your hand luggage?

Hi All

Task: To easily pack and safely transport full I2 system when traveling on a plane without sending as checked baggage (will never get lost or damaged) - and straight through security

After some modification to the arms, I managed to get the I2 into a cabin bag (55x25x15cm) on a flight in Europe
in the bag was : I2 - Cendence - 6x Batteries - Crystalsky 5.6 - X7 - 35mm - all chargers and cables - Prop guards x4 - Lights - Macbook pro - reader SSD

Features:

- quick locking arms
- extra safe motor mount (eliminate other systems)
- Total weight around 15 kg (British Airways max weight 23KG)
- back pack & roller
- fly in less than 5min
- no need for open body on I2 when installing system

let me know if anyone is interested - I can post more info and videos

View attachment 22246View attachment 22247View attachment 22248
Quick locking arms?? can you show and explain that?
Thanks.

I would be interested to know what British Airways said when you told them you had 6 lithium batteries in your hand luggage?
It is aviation law that Lithium batteries must be kept on the person in hand luggage when traveling on aircraft. When traveling for a job I often have 6 Pairs of TB50s thats 12 batteries. no problems. I use electrical tape to cover the terminals, airport staff will have a lok and make sure they are under 100Wh. We regularly travel both domestically and internationally with our drones. we always take 2 drones to every job the Drones them selves are in the hold in the supplied black polystyrene case and the batteries in a soft esky/cooler bag with us on the aircraft.

Last edited:
Great! Do you possibly have info about what parts you used, and any tips for replicating it? I'd love to do it to my I1.

Reactions: Mixchief
Quick locking arms?? can you show and explain that?
Thanks.
Great idea and potentially very useful, but I still haven't seen an explanation in this thread for the modifications to the Inspire 2 - "quick locking arms"??? The photos of the UAV pack din the case don't tell us much. More info would be greatly appreciated.

Great idea and potentially very useful, but I still haven't seen an explanation in this thread for the modifications to the Inspire 2 - "quick locking arms"??? The photos of the UAV pack din the case don't tell us much. More info would be greatly appreciated.
I think "hinged motor boom" may be a more accurate description of such idea. Anyway, the installation will be much more complicated than an average user can handle. Firstly, the hinges itself must be precisely fabricated and rigid enough to withstand Inspires's aggressive maneuverings. Typical home-cooked 3D printing will not do, if that's the case. Secondly, the installation must involve difficult disassembly of a motor boom, carbon fibre tube cutting (not easy task without proper tooling), finally secure fastening of hinge parts to a tube. Taking a vulnerable wiring inside into account, only really skilled mechanics may be able to make such mod. Tempting challenge for truly avid hobbyists indeed, but not for busy pilots. IMHO, obviously.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mixchief
I am travelling usually with a Samsonite Suitcase 55 x 60 x 20, unfortunately not possible to take in the cabin, but very good suitable for travelling by car and fo

Attachments

• IMG_20181024_153818.jpg
    IMG_20181024_153818.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20181024_153936.jpg
    IMG_20181024_153936.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20181024_153947.jpg
    IMG_20181024_153947.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 77
Hi there, can you post some videos how did you manage to fit the Inspire 2 to the cabin bag, please ? Or any other ideas here? Many thanks !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters