Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 landing gear "Freezing" in cold conditions

Reaction score
I've read about a possible firmware issue causing landing gear lockups. Personally I don't think I've seen this issue yet but what I have seen is the landing gear getting sluggish and then failing to respond when flying at freezing temperatures. I think the propwash may be chilling out the drive motor and so am testing a bolt on cover to provide it some protection.

Thoughts / suggestions / ideas?

IMG_3263.JPG File Mar 13, 9 30 03 PM.jpeg

Where did you see this and how often did this happen? I find this "solution" quite strange and unneccesary + the motor is below the arms right? not above.

Reactions: Richard G Hugh
Where did you see this and how often did this happen? I find this "solution" quite strange and unneccesary + the motor is below the arms right? not above.
This happens pretty much every time I fly when air temp is below 10-15F, which in Alaska is much of the time in the winter.

I'm pretty sure the motor is above, but please if you know more let me know and I'll figure out a cover for the bottom as well. When I looked at disassembly images it appeared the bottom is simply a cable pass-thru for power/controls going to the motors and i believe there is a bering that the drive shaft rides in. I haven't had a desire to take apart the drone and confirm just yet - don't want to void the warranty.

The idea behind the cover is simply as a wind block, and maybe it will retain some residual heat. If the motor is indeed above but this doesn't solve the problem I'll add a USB powered heat pad next.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Any idea on the I2 battery covers becoming available again? I ordered the strobe clips, but still haven't seen the battery covers pop back up yet...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido