Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 mileage ...

Reaction score
... was never my concern before, but how to find out how many hours of flight a particular Inspire has by far?

download the flight logs.
This method will do, but only to a certain "age". Once internal memory is filled up, older records are deleted to make space for most recent ones. Beside, flight logs aren't necessary related to flights. Every system powering up creates a file with 0 flight distance. DJI Go4 app will cache flight recordings and eventually sync them with cloud server, but Litchi will not. Add multiple different devices used with a particular drone and you'll end up with shattered, incomplete history. A dedicated onboard odometer is nowhere to find ...

Good question, also me would like to know how, and not for the Inspire only.
As much as I understand only if you sync your drone with DJI server/your account right after activation, fly it with the same device and Go app all the time, you'll get the true summary up to date. That's valid for all DJI drones. Once you start using various devices/apps to control your drone(s), the chain is broken and flight log book has no value whatsoever.

As much as I understand only if you sync your drone with DJI server/your account right after activation, fly it with the same device and Go app all the time, you'll get the true summary up to date. That's valid for all DJI drones. Once you start using various devices/apps to control your drone(s), the chain is broken and flight log book has no value whatsoever.

As saying there is no micro black box that records everything, or the flight time only, without depending on anything external, server or other, or at least there is nothing that we know, apart from, who can say, possible basic functions, simple and hidden inside an onboard DJI chip, known to very few.
Just one thought of mine, without any foundation, of course.

I use Air Data, many parameters will be saved and uploaded including milage. You have to upload before you update firmware on the device or all previous data will be deleted. If you have not done this before updating your device you have no way to recall milage or many other parameters of past flights.

Using other devices such as another persons iPad or crystal sky will still log your flight if you logged out of the other persons DJI account and logged in with your own.

Litchi, Auto Pilot, Go, Go4, Go Pilot, Drone Deploy, Pix4d etc etc will all save logs and upload to Air Data if you tell the device and app to do so.

I use Air Data, many parameters will be saved and uploaded including milage. You have to upload before you update firmware on the device or all previous data will be deleted. If you have not done this before updating your device you have no way to recall milage or many other parameters of past flights.

Using other devices such as another persons iPad or crystal sky will still log your flight if you logged out of the other persons DJI account and logged in with your own.

Litchi, Auto Pilot, Go, Go4, Go Pilot, Drone Deploy, Pix4d etc etc will all save logs and upload to Air Data if you tell the device and app to do so.
Thank you for this information. Perhaps you're right, but to keep all flight logs in order is just too much of the hassle. Having several birds in a fleet will require a lot of efforts to track everything. Simple onboard timer will do, but there's no such ...

As saying there is no micro black box that records everything, or the flight time only, without depending on anything external, server or other, or at least there is nothing that we know, apart from, who can say, possible basic functions, simple and hidden inside an onboard DJI chip, known to very few.
Just one thought of mine, without any foundation, of course.
That is correct, there is a "black box". It provides all relevant data recorded after every powering up, every command received, virtually everything. This is the most reliable source of information about the state of the drone and history of a given flight. The capacity of this recorder, however, is limited. Once filled up, older records are deleted, keeping only recent ones.

A great way to keep track of your flight data is with AirData. There’s a free version that does everything I need it to do.
Thank you, Phil. The issue is solved since, but I still believe that a simple on-board counter will be best ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84