Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 motor needed

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I stripped a screw while trying to remove the quick release to install the folding props I purchased from Florida Drone Supply. I got careless with the dremel cutting wheel and damaged the motor so it doesn't turn smoothly. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement quickly?

I got a replacement CCW Inspire 2 motor on eBay. It was a pre or order and I had to wait about 30 days though. Cost $99.00
There's also vendors here on Inspire pilots that can maybe get them quicker. They seem to still be in short supply but that should improve soon.

The new motor is identical except for a micro qr code permanently silkscreened on the top.

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I stripped a screw while trying to remove the quick release to install the folding props I purchased from Florida Drone Supply. I got careless with the dremel cutting wheel and damaged the motor so it doesn't turn smoothly. Does anyone know where I can purchase a replacement quickly?

Hi Matt, sounds like things are all worked out. If we can help out with anything else free to PM or give us a call. Thanks.

@mpaerial - You know it. I saw Cavan working on your aircraft today, you lucked out with no damage to the camera and gimbal. You should be hearing from us tomorrow when that is ready for pickup. Thanks!

Hi Matt, sounds like things are all worked out. If we can help out with anything else free to PM or give us a call. Thanks.

@mpaerial - You know it. I saw Cavan working on your aircraft today, you lucked out with no damage to the camera and gimbal. You should be hearing from us tomorrow when that is ready for pickup. Thanks!

One word; YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These guys are awesome. I had a Torx wrench break off. Advexure came to the rescue with an ORIGINAL DJI motor... I was up in the air all the way in Finland in about 4 days.

Reactions: Advexure
I got a replacement CCW Inspire 2 motor on eBay. It was a pre or order and I had to wait about 30 days though. Cost $99.00
There's also vendors here on Inspire pilots that can maybe get them quicker. They seem to still be in short supply but that should improve soon.

The new motor is identical except for a micro qr code permanently silkscreened on the top.

You really want to trust your I2, to eBay distributors? Of course it is your decision but for something that is designed to keep the drone in the air, I would only trust a reputable distributor.

One word; YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These guys are awesome. I had a Torx wrench break off. Advexure came to the rescue with an ORIGINAL DJI motor... I was up in the air all the way in Finland in about 4 days.

We appreciate the support man! Great to connect with you, glad we could help you out with that motor. Safe and happy flying my friend. :)

Reactions: Raphael Dahan
They have them at Cloud City Drones as well. Just make sure to choose the right one, CW or CCW. I did the same thing. I had all but 1 darn screw come out easily. But that one messed me up and now I have to order a new motor.

Parts Info - Inspire 2 Parts and Service $52.00 plus shipping.

Teardown Instructions - Basic but should work - DJI Inspire 2 Teardown - What's inside? - RC Geeks Blog

Inspire-2-Teardown-07-Motor-Installed-1200x801.jpg

Inspire-2-Teardown-08-Motor-Bottom-Plug-1200x801.jpg

They have them at Cloud City Drones as well. Just make sure to choose the right one, CW or CCW. I did the same thing. I had all but 1 darn screw come out easily. But that one messed me up and now I have to order a new motor.

Parts Info - Inspire 2 Parts and Service $52.00 plus shipping.

Teardown Instructions - Basic but should work - DJI Inspire 2 Teardown - What's inside? - RC Geeks Blog

Inspire-2-Teardown-07-Motor-Installed-1200x801.jpg

Inspire-2-Teardown-08-Motor-Bottom-Plug-1200x801.jpg

I posted this same thing a few weeks ago along with photos on the removal process. Go a search of the group.

I've never tried to remove those screws, but I've read elsewhere that there is a little glue on them, and I believe the way to deal with it was to heat the screws up a little by holding a soldering iron to the end, without touching plastic which would melt, to loosen it up before removal. That might save some other people from stripping screws and damaging motors.

There is thread lock on the screws, but it doesn't usually need heat to break the bond as it's usually the blue mid strength stuff - it should break using hand tools.

You need a good well made and well fitting Allan key to loosen them off initially (same with cross headed screws). Trying to do it with a cheap (usually poorly fitting and soft) screwdriver bit ends up rounding out the head. I've also had problems after using the ball headed Allan keys that are meant to let you turn things at an angle.... they usually strip 'em too :(

If you can, get new screws to re-fit as it'll mean less chance of rounding off next time ;)

Reactions: Shawn Esplin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu