Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2, Pairing Question

Reaction score
I'm presuming this is normal, but out of curioisity would like to affirm as normal. I inadvertently mixed two batteries, TB-50's e.g. a C and an A, label, and the Inspire 2 would not go thru the 'start-up' routine; that is, nothing happened. I lamented, 'what now'. I tried two batteries with same label e.g. B and B, and started ok. Am I to preusme that somehow the Inspire 2 has determined the 'batteries were not the paired' ones? This was repeated on different batteries and I was able to duplicate the scenario. I.e. Paired batteres worked fine, 'mis-paired' batteries would not work. That is, the Inspire 2 would not go thru start-up routine.

I'm presuming this is normal, but out of curioisity would like to affirm as normal. I inadvertently mixed two batteries, TB-50's e.g. a C and an A, label, and the Inspire 2 would not go thru the 'start-up' routine; that is, nothing happened. I lamented, 'what now'. I tried two batteries with same label e.g. B and B, and started ok. Am I to preusme that somehow the Inspire 2 has determined the 'batteries were not the paired' ones? This was repeated on different batteries and I was able to duplicate the scenario. I.e. Paired batteres worked fine, 'mis-paired' batteries would not work. That is, the Inspire 2 would not go thru start-up routine.
That is a correct assumption. The idea is to make sure that the given pair is wearing out evenly on each battery as the capacity is decreasing with every cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droneted
John - just saw your post. Been trying to reach you, keep getting an answering machine. If you're still interested in selling drones, give me a call. Thanks. Pete

John - just saw your post. Been trying to reach you, keep getting an answering machine. If you're still interested in selling drones, give me a call. Thanks. Pete
Who is this directed at? This isn’t the classified section.

As @Dobmatt indicated, pairs remain together. Although I think that's after you've paired them within the app. If you have batteries that haven't been paired, you can mix. I also believe, within the app, you can unpair... if this is performed the singles will work together.

The pairing provides greater battery stability and is suggested & encouraged. But in a pinch you can fly unpaired singles... at least on older GoApp versions, I haven't recently looked.

As @Dobmatt indicated, pairs remain together. Although I think that's after you've paired them within the app. If you have batteries that haven't been paired, you can mix. I also believe, within the app, you can unpair... if this is performed the singles will work together.

The pairing provides greater battery stability and is suggested & encouraged. But in a pinch you can fly unpaired singles... at least on older GoApp versions, I haven't recently looked.
I am on CS latest GO4 and exactly the same thing happened to me recently. I accidentally charged together 2 unpaired batteries and my I2 did not mind at all! Caveat, my batteries are pretty new and both pairs I currently use only have about 10 cycles. So there was not much difference between the 2 unpaired batteries in terms of age and cycles. So there must be some built in tollerance by which I2 determines if two unpaired batteries can still be used for flying and the drone happily takes off...

I am on CS latest GO4 and exactly the same thing happened to me recently. I accidentally charged together 2 unpaired batteries and my I2 did not mind at all! Caveat, my batteries are pretty new and both pairs I currently use only have about 10 cycles. So there was not much difference between the 2 unpaired batteries in terms of age and cycles. So there must be some built in tollerance by which I2 determines if two unpaired batteries can still be used for flying and the drone happily takes off...
I think that's the key.... unpaired.
Until you select "pair these batteries", they are unpaired and able to mix regardless of cycles on each battery.

Within the DJI Go4 app... under the battery section. I can attempt to locate if needed.
I just looked and could not find any such setting option.
I also just out of curiosity tested this pairing mystery by swapping my two pairs in any way possible, mixed and matched, swapped right with left and my drone was always "happy" with any combination and my GO4 under battery tab always says "batteries paired". Strange...

I just looked and could not find any such setting option.
I also just out of curiosity tested this pairing mystery by swapping my two pairs in any way possible, mixed and matched, swapped right with left and my drone was always "happy" with any combination and my GO4 under battery tab always says "batteries paired". Strange...
You've peeked my curiosity, I'll need to relook. In past, I selected my pairs and paired them. If a cell later failed, I unpaired and created a new pair with similar singles.

Last edited:
Interesting. I do not rember ever performing any pairing procedure or unpairing for that matter. I always thought that upon first inserting of new batteries during boot up the drone somehow tests the batteries and if satisfied with the status of both, pairs them for good. But there must be something else going on there otherwise my test with mixed and unpaired batteries would trigger the "unpaired batteries-can not take off" warning and in my case it did not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide