Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Pro already?!

Thats quite the investment. You will need to have some pretty high end clients lined up to make that worth your while. I have friends who fly FreeFly and other heavy lift systems and they are great if you're flying Reds and Arri cameras but that only makes sense if you have clients willing to pay a day rate of $2500- $5000

I really hope that anyone flying Reds and Minis on a high end heavy lifter is charging well above $2500-$5000...

Reactions: ReesAerials
I think this motor is just a little taller than the I2 motor .... look at the side of the prop .... no lock on the outside & the prop hub is huge!

Cheers, Jon

The hub being larger in relation to the motor bell indicates that the motor is probably smaller than the Inspire 2. That would point to something like a Phantom 5 or new smaller inspire model. But I would expect more of a lead up if either of those. So who knows.3.jpg

The answer is here: And its the Matrice 200

I was partly correct in my assumptions above. They are not introducing an Octo, but they are giving users the ability to mount the gimbal on top of the aircraft for inspections. They are also giving us the ability to fly TWO gimbals!!

The answer is here: And its the Matrice 200

I was partly correct in my assumptions above. They are not introducing an Octo, but they are giving users the ability to mount the gimbal on top of the aircraft for inspections. They are also giving us the ability to fly TWO gimbals!!

Wow now that is just brilliant for all kinds of commercial opportunities. Well done DJI, yet again

Wow now that is just brilliant for all kinds of commercial opportunities. Well done DJI, yet again
I will agree that this aircraft is impressive with it's lists of previously unreleased features on any other bird. The four rotor setup is a huge minus though. Flying cameras in that price range required redundancy to safeguard my investment. You lose a motor or a prop, and it's by by. I'll stick with the M6 and hope some of these features are available to it soon... of biggest importance to me is the top mounted camera.

I agree, what a shame they didn't give it an X8 capability and maybe add a 3rd battery - also would be interesting to see if the RTK goes through to the navigation and EXIF info unlike the M600

They do it so things move in incrememental steps - testing various bits of technology at each design. So you see stuff from the Phantom making it's way into the Inspire, making it's way into the lower section of the Matrice, and finally up into the top end Matrice. If anything doesn't work out on the lower end birds, or isn't found to tbe usefull or popular enough, then it won't iterate upwards.

The lower end quads like the Mavic and Phantom have enough volume to allow them to design and test the hardware and firmware and tweak it, so by the time they've matured it a bit, it's ready enough for the lower volumes of the bigger hex and octa's.

So, if the technology on the M200 pans out, and it's popular enough, features from the M200 will work their way into an M600Pro+ (M700?) or M800 or something like that.

Reactions: Cornscot
I will agree that this aircraft is impressive with it's lists of previously unreleased features on any other bird. The four rotor setup is a huge minus though. Flying cameras in that price range required redundancy to safeguard my investment. You lose a motor or a prop, and it's by by. I'll stick with the M6 and hope some of these features are available to it soon... of biggest importance to me is the top mounted camera.

Agree. 2 more arms with motors and escs is a small amount of $ by comparison to the craft itself. The footprint could be close to the same. X8 would be a bit more $ but could then inspect windmills while they are in use. (kidding).

I was thinking that exact same thing. The Freefly Alta is kicking their @$$ in the high end platform that can legitimately carry a Red. Where they lose big to Freefly is the ability to top mount the rig. If I had to guess, the Matrice will be introducing an Octo, like the S1000 but with top mount capability. If they dump that bird onto that market, at a reasonable price... Freefly is out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
A Matrice 800 would be great. I'm at a crossroads and need to get into bigger drones. The Alta 8 is the most likely choice today, a Gryphon X8 being the second, but being able to control cameras and drone from an app, and would be amazing. Another industry insider told me to wait as something big was coming out soon, but he wouldn't be specific. I flew with one of DJI's early test pilots yesterday and he said they had an app that would have worked on the phantom 2, but a feud between DJI and GoPro prevented that, and the rest is history. I hate DJI as a company, they're cannibalizing the industry they helped create, but their products are solid, and I've owned A LOT of them.

Reactions: EDDSkitz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez