Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 problem

Reaction score
Hello all,

We have had our I2 for almost a year. A couple of weeks ago one of our pilots experienced a problem where the aircraft would not go into travel mode.

I am just getting a look at the aircraft and I find that neither remote will connect. Assistant 2 will not connect. I can not pair the remotes. (The pair button does not appear to be working since it does not light up red)

The aircraft goes through and appears to successfully boot when turned on.

My thougt was to reinstall the firmware but since I cannot connect that is not possible.

Here is what I am seeing besides the above.

Flashing yellow light on back of aircraft (remote not connected)
Aircraft stuck in flight mode and will not move.
Aircraft powers up and goes through boot up and continues to run.
Aircraft will power down.
Camera (4s) will also go through it's boot up.

Everything seems normal with the exception of connecting to the app or assistant.

I have also changed cables and we are using an Ipad Pro with up to date software.

Any ideas???

I do not have all the information on the flight conditions that day. Will get those today from the pilot. Also will get a detailed account of what happened.

Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Until this point have very little trouble with our Inspire 2.

Let's see if we can do a little t-shooting with you.

Are you using the A to A USB cord that came with the Inspire?

Are you sliding the little slider to the down position near the USB port on the nose of the aircraft when trying to connect to the Assistant

Is the remote set to Master in the Remote Control menu?

Were you up to date on the FW before this issue occurred?

Yes to all with the exception of the last update that came out last month. I was on vacation and out of town. The other pilot said he did not update the firmware last month.

When your trying to connect to Assistant 2 make sure the switch is in PC and not Tablet Mode next to be USB A Port on the Cinecore.

Also make sure your using the 1.1.8 Assistant 2 from the M200 downloads page as that’s more stable than the one listed on the I2 page.

If you still can’t connect with the USB A to A cable then it may be a fault board in the Core that’s preventing all comms

Hey guys just found this old thread lol, I just had the EXACT same issue, drone had been working perfectly doing ag mapping the last 2 weeks. Landed, swapped batteries, then boom wouldn't connect to remote, won't connect to assistant app, won't go into travel mode, and the red linking light isn't on. Did you ever figure out this issue?

Hey guys just found this old thread lol, I just had the EXACT same issue, drone had been working perfectly doing ag mapping the last 2 weeks. Landed, swapped batteries, then boom wouldn't connect to remote, won't connect to assistant app, won't go into travel mode, and the red linking light isn't on. Did you ever figure out this issue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth