Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Questions

Reaction score
Hello! I'll preface this post by saying I am completely ignorant when it comes to drones. My company is looking to replace or normal method of stockpile surveys with a drone. It looks like the Inspire 2, a x5s camera and Pix4D would do the job. Is that a good combination for photogrammetry? I tried calling DJI and was told that pre-sales questions had to go through their chat and they couldn't talk to me on the phone. I tried the chat and went through 3 operators before they said that they couldn't help me and told me I needed to email them.

I'm a little hesitant to buy the Inspire if that's an indication of their support? Perhaps I just hit them on a bad day?

Reactions: Phil DeVore
We have some great re-sellers that are approved vendors on this site. I would have a conversation with one of them for advise on your specific needs. They should be chiming in right about......Now :)

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Hello! I'll preface this post by saying I am completely ignorant when it comes to drones. My company is looking to replace or normal method of stockpile surveys with a drone. It looks like the Inspire 2, a x5s camera and Pix4D would do the job. Is that a good combination for photogrammetry? I tried calling DJI and was told that pre-sales questions had to go through their chat and they couldn't talk to me on the phone. I tried the chat and went through 3 operators before they said that they couldn't help me and told me I needed to email them.

I'm a little hesitant to buy the Inspire if that's an indication of their support? Perhaps I just hit them on a bad day?
Don't depend on DJI for pre-sales support. It just sucks. Their products however are top notch, IMO.

You did not give a lot of details, but I think you are going way overboard on what to buy. If you can find a Phantom 4 Pro, then it will fulfill your needs while being much cheaper and more portable. You do not need the independent camera yaw or the features of the X5S camera for doing mapping.

You may want to call the vendor of the software (in this case Pix4D) to confirm all of this. The P4P is an excellent craft for your needs.

Inspire 2 - although a wonderful machine itself - is more a filmmaker's tool and definitely overkill for your application. Luckily DJI is offering a drone which is just what you're looking for: Learn more.

Reactions: pelagic_one
@Spyderturbo007 - this remains an international forum and in the absence of you informing people where you are located vendor/dealer recommendations are rather pointless.
Please advise your (approximate) location so that other members do not waste their time giving you the name of dealers in Uzbekistan or somewhere not pertinent.

Thank you.

My mistake. I'm in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I'm going to reach out to the Florida Drone Supply this afternoon. Thanks everyone for their assistance.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Hi, in the past I owned the inspire 1 with the DJI Zenmuse x3, few days ago I found a bargain, the inspire 2, extremely cheap but the guy wasn't selling the camera to it. So I'm asking if you could connect the x3 to the new inspire 2, haven't found anything on YouTube or anywhere else.
Thanks' for any help.

Hi, in the past I owned the inspire 1 with the DJI Zenmuse x3, few days ago I found a bargain, the inspire 2, extremely cheap but the guy wasn't selling the camera to it. So I'm asking if you could connect the x3 to the new inspire 2, haven't found anything on YouTube or anywhere else.
Thanks' for any help.
No.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar