Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 remote control

Reaction score
I’m looking into getting the inspire 2. If you have the inspire 2 what do you think about the controller set up? Do you usually have two people? Is it easy to fly it by yourself? What’s your experience? Thanks. Just researching and this is a question I can’t seem to figure out

Reactions: SanCap
I’m looking to start a small business with just myself to start. I am still in the process of deeply researching the different services I can provide with my drone like in real estate, insurance inspections, construction, agriculture (Etc.. ) and the equipment I’d need to be ready and prepared to provide these services to people and make money. But my passion and drive to pursue this is because of photo/videography.

OK, that helps. I have been involved Commercially in all those lines of work you mentioned, and personally, having had an Inspire 2, I never needed a second controller and and someone to just control the camera. Thats just me though. I would mention that the I2 is a large investment. Not sure what your budget is, but I would in my humble opinion, something like a Phantom 4 Pro with a 1 inch mechanical sensor, is the best craft for all those different business entry points you mentioned.

OK, that helps. I have been involved Commercially in all those lines of work you mentioned, and personally, having had an Inspire 2, I never needed a second controller and and someone to just control the camera. Thats just me though. I would mention that the I2 is a large investment. Not sure what your budget is, but I would in my humble opinion, something like a Phantom 4 Pro with a 1 inch mechanical sensor, is the best craft for all those different business entry points you mentioned.

Okay thanks! Yeah I do realize it’s a big investment and I’ve debated on this a lot. What’s making me lean toward the Inspire 2 is that I’m in a financial place where it’s doable and I figured it would be better for the long haul of my business. I hope to one day be primarily in the photo/videography part of the industry and the inspire seems to be the drone for that. Also the heated batteries is appealing to me being I live in a area that gets very very cold and has a long winter month and don’t want to have to slow down my business depending on the weather. I’m not jumping into anything, I’m taking it slow, doing my research and I’m going to only making decisions I’m sure about. I appreciate anything you/ anyone has to say. This forum is a great tool I’m happy to have found this.

It's just as easy to fly as any other DJI drone.

If you are going to do any professional video work, I strongly recommend a dual-operator setup. It's just too hard to control the drone and the camera at the same time.

Reactions: cloudnine
I’m looking into getting the inspire 2. If you have the inspire 2 what do you think about the controller set up? Do you usually have two people? Is it easy to fly it by yourself? What’s your experience? Thanks. Just researching and this is a question I can’t seem to figure out
I completely agree with what @jkerrins said above. For what you are looking to do, I would highly recommend the P4P instead. That is exactly why I just put my I2 up for sale. With my other drones (lighter and smaller) I just never have the need for the I2. Just because you have the funds for an I2, does not mean it is the best drone for your needs.

I never needed dual controllers, but then again I also never needed to yaw the camera independently much. If You will be doing that in the future (cinematic work with lots of panning) then dual controllers would be very helpful.

Reactions: Phillip DeVore

As others have said you do not need two pilots for the I2 depending on your project. That being said, for certain situations 2 operators are very beneficial but not a necessity. I have hundreds of hours doing a single pilot operation with an I2 doing cinematography, real estate, infrastructure, power line and telecom work.

Having a second controller will be a benefit if you find yourself flying all day and the first remote controller battery runs down, Do a quick binding with the second controller and you are good to go.

If you have photography experience and understand the need for interchangeable lenses you would never want to go back to a P4P.

Drones are tools and they all serve there place. An ideal setup would be to have a few different drones for different projects but that does take time to get the work and build funds to acquire these products.

I use drones strictly for video production work. We have Mavics, a Phantom and an Inspire 2. Like SanCap said, it's really about using the right drone for the right job. The Inspire 2 with X7 is absolutely ridiculous, but impossible to throw in a backpack and head off down a trail for documentary shoots. The last two days I was shooting product shots of residential pools and hot tubs. In that situation, the Mavic Air 2 was the perfect drone for the shoot. It really depends on what you'll be doing MOST, especially if you're only buying one drone.

As for two controllers on the I2, it's extremely useful for difficult cinematic shots... car commercials, following animals or fast sports. It's great having one person pilot the drone, and the other being able to independently work the camera. It's ideal in that sense. That said, if you don't have a full-time partner who is going to practice those tough moves with you, it might not be worth the money. My company's ideal set-up was to be myself piloting with the factory remote, and a second "cameraperson" using the Cendence. I am usually the only one flying now, and I've switched to the Cendence full-time as my only remote. I rarely take this drone out for fun though. I personally shoot mostly wilderness doc-style... I love being able to carry two 4K drones in a backback, and all batteries and my lunch in a cooler.

If you're getting hired for 6K movie or commercial production work and have the money to insure and protect your investment, the Inspire 2 with two controllers and a partner is the way to go. Totally amazing drone for one pilot set-up as well, but if you've got the money, get a P4P AAAAND a Mavic Air 2. You might end up flying a lot more. Just my opinion. Have fun!!

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
As others have said you do not need two pilots for the I2 depending on your project. That being said, for certain situations 2 operators are very beneficial but not a necessity. I have hundreds of hours doing a single pilot operation with an I2 doing cinematography, real estate, infrastructure, power line and telecom work.

Having a second controller will be a benefit if you find yourself flying all day and the first remote controller battery runs down, Do a quick binding with the second controller and you are good to go.

If you have photography experience and understand the need for interchangeable lenses you would never want to go back to a P4P.

Drones are tools and they all serve there place. An ideal setup would be to have a few different drones for different projects but that does take time to get the work and build funds to acquire these products.

Thank you this is helpful.

I use drones strictly for video production work. We have Mavics, a Phantom and an Inspire 2. Like SanCap said, it's really about using the right drone for the right job. The Inspire 2 with X7 is absolutely ridiculous, but impossible to throw in a backpack and head off down a trail for documentary shoots. The last two days I was shooting product shots of residential pools and hot tubs. In that situation, the Mavic Air 2 was the perfect drone for the shoot. It really depends on what you'll be doing MOST, especially if you're only buying one drone.

As for two controllers on the I2, it's extremely useful for difficult cinematic shots... car commercials, following animals or fast sports. It's great having one person pilot the drone, and the other being able to independently work the camera. It's ideal in that sense. That said, if you don't have a full-time partner who is going to practice those tough moves with you, it might not be worth the money. My company's ideal set-up was to be myself piloting with the factory remote, and a second "cameraperson" using the Cendence. I am usually the only one flying now, and I've switched to the Cendence full-time as my only remote. I rarely take this drone out for fun though. I personally shoot mostly wilderness doc-style... I love being able to carry two 4K drones in a backback, and all batteries and my lunch in a cooler.

If you're getting hired for 6K movie or commercial production work and have the money to insure and protect your investment, the Inspire 2 with two controllers and a partner is the way to go. Totally amazing drone for one pilot set-up as well, but if you've got the money, get a P4P AAAAND a Mavic Air 2. You might end up flying a lot more. Just my opinion. Have fun!!

Actually the Inspire 2 is easier to carry down a trail vs the M210 :)M210.jpg

Reactions: jkerrins

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth