Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 ssd advantages (Pros and Cons)

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I own an Inspire 2 wqith the x5s, And I do not shoot raw or prores with it, I just bought the x5s for the capabilities of changing lenses and bigger sensor!
I currently use SD cards but I have a hard time with them because a lot of them usually tend to go bad or I tend to loose them, so I was thinking of buying an ssd for using on my inspire but I will NOT shoot on RAW and either ProRes, only the normal h.264. I wanted to know what are the Pros of using the SSD aside from new recording formats, like faster transfers, easier transfers, more reliable memory and that kind of stuff. Should I get it or is it worse than the SD card for me who dont shoot RAW?

I don't think the I2 records onto the SSD unless using RAW (but might stand to be corrected). Also given the cost of the SSDs over good quality micros SD cards it would be a very expensive move... Might be better buying yourself some brightly coloured card holders :)

Hi,

If you do not have the Prores or Cinema DNG license the SSD would only record still DNG images. It does not record h.264 or h.265 so it would not improve your current video issue in any way.

The CineSSD can only record the following:

Photos- RAW DNG can be recorded in photo burst mode when set to either 20 or continuous. It will not record Jpegs, nor photos outside of burst mode.

Video- CinemaDNG (aka Raw video), or ProRes. It will not record H264 or H265.

Also, to record anything on the CineSSD, you must have a microSD card installed in the I2 too.

So, unless you need high frame rate photo burst, CinemaDNG raw video, or ProRes video, the CineSSD isn't of any use to you.

Reactions: WilmerCB
The CineSSD can only record the following:

Photos- RAW DNG can be recorded in photo burst mode when set to either 20 or continuous. It will not record Jpegs, nor photos outside of burst mode.

Video- CinemaDNG (aka Raw video), or ProRes. It will not record H264 or H265.

Also, to record anything on the CineSSD, you must have a microSD card installed in the I2 too.

So, unless you need high frame rate photo burst, CinemaDNG raw video, or ProRes video, the CineSSD isn't of any use to you.

Like NickU said, no needs if you're not shooting ProRes or CinemaDNG ...I personally have one and I'll add to this, that make sure you have plenty of disk storage (TBs) even if you're shooting ProRes ...and don't forget that you need to buy the license for whichever format you desire to go with. (ProRes $500 or CinemaDNG $1,000)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207