Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Stability

I’m following this discussion with interest. Did switching the gimbal to Free mode help, T-Bolt?

Sorry for the late response...yes it did help, but not enough to my satisfaction - still more wobble/drift than P4P. I just sent it back to DJI (for an unrelated repair) so hopefully they can provide information if in fact there is another issue. So now I'm relying on my P4P to get me through these next few weeks. I will update you after my I2 gets back.

Hi Rob,

Any drift to either right or left while climbing vertically is probably due to prop misalignment due to one of the cf tubes having rotated slightly. Check this with heli on the ground, turn the prop blades so the tips are as close as possible to the body of the drone. The blade tips must be at the same height and the blade angle about 10 degrees off horizontal, tilting away from the body. If one pair of blades is always higher than the other then you can adjust this by slackening the lock nut below where the "Tee" joint and lever arm attaches, then rotate the carbon tube until the blade tips are the same height, then tighten again.

If the blade tips have "free play" then suggest you use cyano to build up the hub of the prop blades and then file with a nail file until you have a "perfect" fit with no free play.

Hope this helps,
Rob

Man this is really good info, but I'm lost on the blade tips having free play? Vertical play?

Sorry for the late response...yes it did help, but not enough to my satisfaction - still more wobble/drift than P4P. I just sent it back to DJI (for an unrelated repair) so hopefully they can provide information if in fact there is another issue. So now I'm relying on my P4P to get me through these next few weeks. I will update you after my I2 gets back.

Ok, thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

So I received my I2 back and unfortunately the results are inconclusive right now due to weather.

When I first took the I2 up today it definitely seemed improved though I still had a very small amount of wobble - but winds were moderate borderline high. Then I broke out the P4P about an hour later and it was stellar - but the winds had died down to light. I figured this was my chance to finally see if my I2 was either fixed, or just not as stable. I had to deal with a few things and ended up taking flight about 30 minutes or so later - and sure enough the winds came back up even worse than before. I feel like this I2 is cursed...haha, not really just bad timing. Anyway from what I've noticed I believe whatever DJI did (they didn't leave any information in the packaging) seems to have improved stability. However I don't believe the stability will be the same as the P4P. Hopefully I will have a chance to update on a nice calm day, but that may not be until next week as I'm booked the rest this week and will not have time to test. Till then!

I know I'm late to update again, and unfortunately I have the same results in light wind - still some wobble. The I2 just doesn't have the vertical accent stability I would expect after going through DJI repair service. I contacted them again, and could send the bird back, but I'm too busy and can't afford being without it this time of year. Other than vertical accent/decent, the images are stellar. Guess I will have to live with it for now, and continue to use the P4P for those shots.

The only thing I've noticed, and would like to hear from you all....my right landing gear (aft looking forward) definitely leans inward more than the left side. Please let me know what you all see looking directly above the aircraft. I mentioned this to DJI support, which they said "sounds normal", but at this point I don't have a lot of confidence in them from other issues I've had in the past.

Thanks!

I know I'm late to update again, and unfortunately I have the same results in light wind - still some wobble. The I2 just doesn't have the vertical accent stability I would expect after going through DJI repair service. I contacted them again, and could send the bird back, but I'm too busy and can't afford being without it this time of year. Other than vertical accent/decent, the images are stellar. Guess I will have to live with it for now, and continue to use the P4P for those shots.

The only thing I've noticed, and would like to hear from you all....my right landing gear (aft looking forward) definitely leans inward more than the left side. Please let me know what you all see looking directly above the aircraft. I mentioned this to DJI support, which they said "sounds normal", but at this point I don't have a lot of confidence in them from other issues I've had in the past.

Thanks!

Its the cause of the "instability" and you need to adjust the tilt of the legs so its exactly the same both sides, with rotor tips at the same height when you measure them against the body of the drone.

Its the cause of the "instability" and you need to adjust the tilt of the legs so its exactly the same both sides, with rotor tips at the same height when you measure them against the body of the drone.

Thanks, I was hoping to hear that actually. How sorry is DJI customer support and repair? Whatever, I just hope I can fix this myself. Does anyone know how you adjust the leg tilt or has experience with this? I would like to avoid sending it back to DJI if possible, but of course I want to ensure the aircraft is safe to fly and fix this issue correctly.

Nope, thought it could be as simple as the two screws on underneath by each motor.

Still mind boggling that DJI would send this back at the incorrect position, if in fact that's the case.

No its not the screws underneath each motor, you adjust the arm angle by slackening the clamp screw below the "Tee junction", you need a good fitting star driver.

No its not the screws underneath each motor, you adjust the arm angle by slackening the clamp screw below the "Tee junction", you need a good fitting star driver.
Got one - Didn't think that was it. So easy, thanks!

I aligned the props to exactly the same on both sides, and the aircraft is still unstable to my satisfaction. That said, there is moderate wind. Additionally I re calibrated IMU and Compass.

I'm now questioning if the legs should be slightly tilted inward (as mine are currently - I only adjusted the right to match the left), or if the legs should be perfectly straight. If anyone has a chance to measure the space in between their I2 legs please let me know. I need a gap check please - LOL. I'm currently at 15 11/16 to 15 3/4 inches using a tape measure (depending if you take play out of tape measure or not). That's from inside both right and left front legs with the aircraft in the take off ready position.

Legs tilted inward slightly, the props need to tilt outward at an angle of about 10 degrees

Legs tilted inward slightly, the props need to tilt outward at an angle of about 10 degrees

Ya, I think that's about where I'm at. I'm going to fly it again when the wind dies down. If it's still the same, I will have to send it back when my schedule will allow.

Cheers!

When you look from the front and line up the front props that they are pointing towards the craft, the tips should be pointing to about 10mm above the bottom cone head crews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela