Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Top Speed

Reaction score
Well, after several flight tests with the new F/W, I'm almost 100% certain that the I2 top speed has been further reduced. Didn't notice anything about that in the F/W notes and the DJI I2 site info doesn't list and change. Wonder what's going on?

Reactions: Alessandro beccaria
Very interesting! Perhaps the conditions I was flying in were not conducive to max speed test. The location was the same as I flew at when I did my testing before the F/W change and I reached 58-60 mph at that time.

I would not reply on GO for the speed. I don't trust its numbers at all. Even the DNG EXIF data is stamped with insane altitudes at times where I know I was under 30 feet and it shows over 100 feet in the EXIF data on the DNG file. Might be better to time it with a radar gun or speed against a car or something else. Even a cheap paintball radar gun is probably more accurate and can be had for maybe $80 or less.

I've read that before that the Go 4 app may not give reliable speed numbers. I guess if it indicated the speed was 100 mph I would believe it but if it indicated the max speed was 50 mph I'd question its accuracy. LOL Oh well, it's still faster then I can run!

I updated to the new firmware and thought there was a top speed reduction at first.

I was getting top speeds around 46-50mph in sport mode with low winds. Then I later tried atti mode and got the advertised 57mph in low wind and 70 mph once with the help of a tailwind. Had the X5S attached.

The Go app was not displaying speed correctly in MPH before a recent update fixed that. So I don't really know the Inspire 2's top speed before updating firmware.

ha! ha! So very true. A fellow on the DJI forum says his top speed measured was using the ATTI mode as opposed to S mode. I'll have to try ATTI tomorrow to compare to S mode.

Even the DNG EXIF data is stamped with insane altitudes at times where I know I was under 30 feet and it shows over 100 feet in the EXIF data on the DNG file.
That's because DJI (for a reason no-one understands), use GPS altitude data for the exif info.
GPS is woefully inaccurate for altitude and is commonly 100-200 feet out and shifts over small time frames.

That was my thinking as well. If you look at the specs it indicates that in Sport mode the pitch angle is up to 40 degrees I believe. In ATTI it's limited to 35 degrees. I would thing that more pitch would result in higher speed.

Reactions: Steelej
You know, one of the things I was looking forward to was seeing this faster speed. I just got my I2 2 days ago and it is screaming at me to update the firmware. I haven't yet considering the complaints I read here. Problem is, I must have the slowest I2 out there. Mine only goes 34mph. Other than its stability, it looks no different than my I1. I was very disappointed. It climbs a lot faster, but that's it. It is slow, especially on acceleration. I've only tried sport mode. Haven't tried atti yet.

Based on my history log the highest Top speed that I was able to achieve was 77 when I recieved my I2 in January. It was indicating in the 70's regardeless of wind direction even with the X5S attached when ever I took it out. After a few firmware "DOWNGRADES" I have not been able to get it over 52. The I2 will probably be the last Inspire that I buy. What I have now is not what I purchased in January as it relates to performance.

Interesting!

I just hit an indicated 72mph in ATTI mode with a tail wind and the I2 was fully loaded.... it's the fastest I've seen since the last firmware upload. I had the X5S equipped with a OLY 45 and two Lume Cube's attached. I was totally shocked by the numbers. I'm really confused now.

I just hit an indicated 72mph in ATTI mode with a tail wind and the I2 was fully loaded....

How much of a tailwind?
And what was your top speed, full throttle flying against that wind? (or did you not try)?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool