Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Top Speed

How much of a tailwind?
And what was your top speed, full throttle flying against that wind? (or did you not try)?

I'm Totally happy with the speed in ATTI mode...

My guess is that it was approximately a 10mph or more head wind.

Full throttle against the wind in sport mode I saw speeds around 40 to 42mph...

Going with the wind in sport mode it consistently reached 48 to 52mph.

The monster came alive in ATTI mode! Against the wind it maintained speeds around 55mph.

With the wind in ATTI mode it repeatedly hit 65 to 68mph. My top speed of the day with the wind was 72mph. Once again my I2 hit those speeds fully loaded with the X5S and two chunky lume cubes. Without the lume cubes I'm sure I could have exceeded 75 with the wind behind me. ATTI is the true sport mode in my opinion. I never used ATTI until I read this post this morning.

Very interesting cause I experienced exactly the same results. Before the latest FW update, it seemed to be Sport mode that resulted in the highest speed during my testing. I reached about 60 mph with no wind in Sport mode and fully loaded with the X5s and also 2 Lume cubes mounted. A few days ago, after the latest FW update, the highest I was able to record in Sport mode was about 50-52 mph on a windless day. Again, that was with the camera and Lume cubes. A few days later I tested in ATTI and saw 63-64 mph with a tailwind and 52 against the wind. So I totally agree, it seems that after the latest FW update, ATTI mode is faster then Sport. I believe on another forum a fello I2 flyer said he noticed that the pitch over angle on Sport mode looked less then before the FW update and he also had slower speeds recorded in Sport mode. Seems DJI didn't mention anything about changing that in the FW release notes!!!

Got around 50-52 in sport yesterday, 58-60 in ATTI. Looks like someone at DJI got some parameters swapped by accident :D .
No, its correct, you cant limit speed in atti because it will not use gps to check for the speed. Sports mode is a more safe mode than atti (because of the gps).

ATTI is your friend, i've done +100MPH with tailwind. (with latest FW)

Sure you have, and I can run that fast too - lol

No, its correct, you cant limit speed in atti because it will not use gps to check for the speed.

But you sure can limit the RPM of the motors via Firmware updates ;)
(that's why guys are experiencing lower top speeds)

Sure you have, and I can run that fast too - lol

But you sure can limit the RPM of the motors via Firmware updates ;)
(that's why guys are experiencing lower top speeds)
I did an RPM test over the weekend. With the I2 sitting on the bench and no props I measured approx 9500 RPM when the "max RPM achieved" showed as a warning on the Go 4 App. Not sure what that all means but it is what it is.

Reactions: Bri Guy
I just broke your record today with a Phantom 3...... 132mph - (get a new bird dude)

I have 2 of those, i dont want to get more :(

Photo%2003-03-2017%2C%2021.06.21.jpg

Thats my faster one with modified flight controller/fw, only 133.7km/h (not mph) but i'm the one who is not kidding.

Offtopic, airdata.com seems to have 2 bugs, on the general tab (with all flights) max value for speeds seems to be limited to 140km/h and actual flight log (single, detailed view) speeds are limited to 180km/h. Reported that just few mins ago, hopefully they fix it.

Meanwhile, you can enjoy my vertical video and cut the ********.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1177154/inspirepilots/Video 28-03-2017, 10.15.18.mov

Last edited:
I did an RPM test over the weekend. With the I2 sitting on the bench and no props I measured approx 9500 RPM when the "max RPM achieved" showed as a warning on the Go 4 App. Not sure what that all means but it is what it is.

THIS ^^^^^ is how DJI has been slowing down the Inspires.
I told you guys that they do it via limiting RPMs.
Not to bright these DJI guys are.
The weak link in ALL I1 versions were the POS weak batteries.
When you put together a propulsion system for a rc model, you want to make sure there is enough output from the battery to give the system all it asks for, (and more, so it stays cool/not stressed).

TB47 & 48 really sucked.
These packs could barely supply what the bird wanted from them, (like first DJI 100w charger :oops:).
The idiot DJI comes out with version 2, w/bigger mount and camera. This heavier system means nothing to the I1, it can easily carry a lot more than that.
To help compensate, DJI also installs new higher kv motors that spin the props faster, creating more thrust by consuming more current. (unfortunately) TB48 could barely keep up with the slower motors, much less supply MORE current for the power hungry I1 Pro.

As a result, Inspire's started dropping from the skies, (especially in winter).
What a major mistake it was increasing the rpm/thrust/current draw, and NOT improving the battery :rolleyes:

So DJI scrambles by introducing new firmware that DECREASES the KVs/RPMs (of all I1's).
What a joke and a HUGE waste bringing in them higher kv motors, and then having to hobble their capabilities by reducing the rpms/overall thrust of the bird.

This is why guys who know their bird well, update the firmware, then say "WTH happened to my top speed!!" Now these same guys get warnings they have never seen before, and fight to get come against the wind, (when there was no problem previously).
Using aux packs packs mounted to the legs eliminates these warning, gives the motors what they ask for, but unfortunately the craft has already been hobbled via firmware :oops:

So now we have I2 guys updating firmware, then noticing a decrease in speed, and because of what I just wrote above, you guys now know what is happening. Reduction in RPM
(guys who update, fly downwind, then report "no change", are goofballs) ;)

cool story, my favorite part was "what I just wrote above, you guys now know what is happening" i might frame it.. so many facts by you, oh wait.. none was I2 related, still impressive.

ps. i have never said there isn't speed reduction between fw's.

cool story, my favorite part was "what I just wrote above, you guys now know what is happening" i might frame it.. so many facts by you, oh wait.. none was I2 related, still impressive.

ps. i have never said there isn't speed reduction between fw's.

You are a moron and detrimental to this thread, why not simply take a hike !!

I checked , and you could go from 40 degrees all the way up to 60
this should be much faster but I havent tested this yet and probably wont do it, still would be fun to see whats possible

I checked , and you could go from 40 degrees all the way up to 60
this should be much faster but I havent tested this yet and probably wont do it, still would be fun to see whats possible[/QUOT

Are you talking about pitch over angle? Is that controllable/Selectable??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide