Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 - Unstable hover

Seems to me like it is time for DJI to fix this or provide refund or upgrade!
I can see you've just recently joined in this forum. You do not seem to be familiar with DJI's reputation and attitude when it comes to fixing issues. May I suggest one simple thing, if the I2 is not allowing you to accomplish what you bought it for, return it and ask for your $$ back and buy something else. Take this as a friendly advice from an experienced user. Otherwise you will be one very unhappy and frustrated I2 owner????

I can see you've just recently joined in this forum. You do not seem to be familiar with DJI's reputation and attitude when it comes to fixing issues. May I suggest one simple thing, if the I2 is not allowing you to accomplish what you bought it for, return it and ask for your $$ back and buy something else. Take this as a friendly advice from an experienced user. Otherwise you will be one very unhappy and frustrated I2 owner????

He he... yes new to the forum but not to DJI... and their crappy support.

Swedish law saved me on the first case with them: Bought brand new Inspire 2 which exits P-GPS, might get REFURBISHED

But since this problems seems to be widespread it has change some time or another...

Nothing saying it's not gonna help with this also in the end (depending on how much energy I am willing to spend on this of course).

At the moment just trying to find out what is actually going on here...

Last edited:
He he... yes new to the forum but not to DJI... and their crappy support.

Swedish law saved me on the first case with them: Bought brand new Inspire 2 which exits P-GPS, might get REFURBISHED

But since this problems seems to be widespread it has change some time or another...
There have been a few widespread issues with Inspire 2 since begining and none of them got ever fixed. Do not hold your hopes too high when it comes to DJI fixing any known issues. Unless your I2 has an obvious problem which would qualify it is lemon you just have to take it for what it is and work around the known issues the best you can. The only other option is to return it and get something else, as I've already said.

There have been a few widespread issues with Inspire 2 since begining and none of them got ever fixed. Do not hold your hopes too high when it comes to DJI fixing any known issues. Unless your I2 has an obvious problem which would qualify it is lemon you just have to take it for what it is and work around the known issues the best you can. The only other option is to return it and get something else, as I've already said.

In your opinion... there are no Inspire 2 out there with steadier hover than mine?

Hopes are limited... just need to start with finding out a bit more about what is going on here...

In your opinion... there are no Inspire 2 out there with steadier hover than mine?

Hopes are limited... just need to start with finding out a bit more about what is going on here...
Not sure if there are any out there which hover steadier but if there is any I am yet to see it. Those I have seen hovered about the same as yours, or worse.

Last edited:
Something that comes back repeatedly in forums is that it used to be ok with firmware some generations back...

An Dji contact I got in another case that actually replies says that this is due to low GPS accuracy in the I2... which perhaps could explain it.

But at the same time it seems to me that it should be able to hover properly using accelerometers.. just with an offset to the "real" position.

I recently sent my I2 to DJI for repair and it had the original firmware that came with the aircraft. So I've been flying it a lot for over 2.5 years.
For the repair DJI (against my demands) updated to the latest firmware and I can tell you it does not hover like it used to. It's very unstable. Matter of fact it's so bad (along with a couple of other issues) that it's going back to DJI repair again Tuesday.

I recently sent my I2 to DJI for repair and it had the original firmware that came with the aircraft. So I've been flying it a lot for over 2.5 years.
For the repair DJI (against my demands) updated to the latest firmware and I can tell you it does not hover like it used to. It's very unstable. Matter of fact it's so bad (along with a couple of other issues) that it's going back to DJI repair again Tuesday.
I have had lots of bad customer service in my life but DJI is absolutely the worst. I suspect thy will return it again and it won’t be any better. Got less than 30 hours of flight time from a set of Phantom batteries because their charger failed to do its job. They wouldn’t work with me at all. That’s $16 an hour to fly just for batteries alone. Can’t wait to buy an American drone and speak to customer service in English.

Reactions: SMD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds