Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 X5 Intermittent video dropouts

Reaction score
My inspire 1 v2 has started a neat new trick out on my shoot friday afternoon. Ill lose video signal, and it'll tell me there is high interference. Problem is, I've flown in this same location every other week for about 2 months now, with never an issue. I took it home, flew out my backyard and over the greenbelt, and I get the same loss of video signal after 500-750ft of distance, with the same warning of "high interference", in a place where I havent had that problem before. I still have complete and full RC control, it'll take pics/video just fine, I literally just can not see from the camera feed on my ipad. Sometimes it'll come back if I snap a picture, and Ill get half a screen redraw before it drops again. I tried an android tablet, same results. I tried keeping the remote pointed directly at the Inspire, still lost signal. I'll bring it home, and hover it before landing, and it still wont pick the signal back up standing 10ft away.

My troubleshooting and google-fu has led me to looking at the camera mount on the X5, and the tiny little pins that are inside the mount. I have attached a pic, but since I don't have another X5 to look at, or try replacing mine with, can someone look at your X5 and tell me if these pins are right or wrong? It looks to me like the first few pins on the top row are down a little lower than they should be, and that entire row should be straight across. Before I go trying to bend these pins back and hoping that my eyesight holds up to do this, I'd like to just see if someone else with an X5 can verify what theirs looks like.

Any other thoughts as to this issue?IMG_4063.JPG

My inspire 1 v2 has started a neat new trick out on my shoot friday afternoon. Ill lose video signal, and it'll tell me there is high interference. Problem is, I've flown in this same location every other week for about 2 months now, with never an issue. I took it home, flew out my backyard and over the greenbelt, and I get the same loss of video signal after 500-750ft of distance, with the same warning of "high interference", in a place where I havent had that problem before. I still have complete and full RC control, it'll take pics/video just fine, I literally just can not see from the camera feed on my ipad. Sometimes it'll come back if I snap a picture, and Ill get half a screen redraw before it drops again. I tried an android tablet, same results. I tried keeping the remote pointed directly at the Inspire, still lost signal. I'll bring it home, and hover it before landing, and it still wont pick the signal back up standing 10ft away.

My troubleshooting and google-fu has led me to looking at the camera mount on the X5, and the tiny little pins that are inside the mount. I have attached a pic, but since I don't have another X5 to look at, or try replacing mine with, can someone look at your X5 and tell me if these pins are right or wrong? It looks to me like the first few pins on the top row are down a little lower than they should be, and that entire row should be straight across. Before I go trying to bend these pins back and hoping that my eyesight holds up to do this, I'd like to just see if someone else with an X5 can verify what theirs looks like.
Any other thoughts as to this issue?View attachment 25570
Moved to Correct section - 'Inspire 1 Help'

There are many more threads.....but I got bored!

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Had a similar problem (image transmission, not the pins) changed the USB/Lightning cable and it went away...

Reactions: Kelv
I had the same, I removed full gimble mount ND cleaned the two cables from drone to camera, they're about $20 to buy.
Also I changed my tablet location to us, then this opens up your channels above 13, I've tried both things and signal and video footage/ transmission spot on since.
I just can't get x5 staying in focus lol but that's not issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shefy