Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 will be released on November 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes - don't expect TB47 or 48's to fit! :p

our mods i.e. battery mod is and will still be the best as far as i learned and i have read the comments when i video microscoped and photographed the pcd of the battery... comsidering that point and doing the mond on the bird side i will and do feel safer when having "non" DJI "smart/intelligent" batteries as a backup to land safely with peace of mind when the original crap breaks down for any reason...
we, who know how to fly and are not in work where speacial rigging is needed and fpv is an issue (good to have) will not consider to get one as only that point is not worth the money...
do your homework, fly sim, learn in your backyard, don't rely on the tech only, practice and when you have yourself and act together, did all your homework go out and make your accreditaion if your country has one :) lol, if not then fly with even more caution and get insurance and try not to ruin ig for everyone by flying like retard endangering others and yourself... do not set your work and effort in price too low and ruin the industry with cheap joe prices... you invested money, time and equipment... calculate...

sorry, got carried away here...
desperate to get something soon in hungary... really thinking ona UK course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought on an I2 with Obstacle avoidance - I have a P4 and love it. BUT . . . I rarely use the obstacle avoidance as I'm flying in Sport mode most often. OA (well P Mode) slows down the drone to a snails pace and is really a pain at times. It did save me once on descent near a roof top when I lost depth perception and nearly clipped the roof edge. I think that the amount of resources required to compute the obstacle data is significant and need to be devoted to the drone; and/or flying at 45 mph is just too much for the OA system to keep up with. Plus the OA on the P4 is forward and downward looking only. No side to side OA or OA on ascent. So . . . Hopefully the second iteration of this is better for I2 or P5.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have changed this thread title to November 8th instead of October. Otherwise everyone will get excited before they need to get excited! :p

Are you saying that it will be released on the 8th of November for sure?

Have changed this thread title to November 8th instead of October. Otherwise everyone will get excited before they need to get excited! :p

Pretty much sums me up [emoji3]

Does that mean that the editor already has his hands on an Inspire 2 and is testing for DJI?

At this stage there will be very few in the real world, I can take a guess where there is one or two but as for the editor he is an important man so you never know [emoji6]

Pretty much sums me up [emoji3]

At this stage there will be very few in the real world, I can take a guess where there is one or two but as for the editor he is an important man so you never know [emoji6]

The editor seems to drop cryptic clues every now and then so I have absolutely no doubt that he knows more than the rest of us about the inspire 2 and is most likely testing one himself.

It would be great if he could share some more information with us.

Really confused about everyone poo-pooing the extra camera. As a guy that does a lot of pro work, when my camera op is tracking something along side or behind, all the line of sight in the world is no substitute for being able to occasionally see whats coming. And regarding the obstacle avoidance system, I agree with Dr. Ifly Drones. You can always turn it off, but when you need it, why not?

Really confused about everyone poo-pooing the extra camera. As a guy that does a lot of pro work, when my camera op is tracking something along side or behind, all the line of sight in the world is no substitute for being able to occasionally see whats coming. And regarding the obstacle avoidance system, I agree with Dr. Ifly Drones. You can always turn it off, but when you need it, why not?

it somehow like the guy that died in a tesla watching a movie while on auot driving and the sensors failing... the fpv part can easaly be rigged on and does in my opinion not justify the price tag it will have beseides DJI did see it from us and i bet anything for that...
also the higher flying times... the only thing was time they needed to make DJI out of it... which means back to the drawing board and design something while making enough dough from the I1v2 and the other that are thrown at us half or not even close to half finished...

a REAL update should be made where you CAN as a pro swith off the darn NFZ if needed with docs and permissions backed up and a reliable battery system which won't shut off mid flight to protect a 150usd crappy soldered "smart" battery to sacrifice a 3000 USD equipment...

personally i do not give a sh@? about the I2 but the fuzz around it starts to piss me off...
sorry, in general some features are ok but people start to rely too much on that and forget to actually learn it.
if you have a sideways fly then make a propöer assesment before hand and make sure you see the bird all the way through at ALL times and therefore do not have to rely on an fpv camera...

it's all like extras in a car , power steering - do you need it? - no, but its easier to park... ACC? naaa, just open the window... it stuff you can switch on for ease of use but if they fail and you can't fly without them... = doomsday...

cheers
no offense meant :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its got two batteries it must be running a more powerful motor system for a start.
I going to take a stab and say.

collision avoidance.
z3 camera as standard.
improved lightbridge.

(they have all this now and would be easy for them to do)

What I dream of?

new camera range with the hasselblad chip or soc from the hero 5 for sane money. (or some kind of road map about new camera coming soon)

some kind of added redundancy and safety to keep the thing in the air and A3 implementation of some kind to just generally improve things across the board.
A cut price/size matrice m600/Typhoon H design. 6 motors, dual batteries, all the good things of a hexacopter, with all the convenience of the inspire.
(yes I'll pay for new batteries if it gives me peace of mind)

Biggest thing for me is really camera technology, I'm caught between a rock and hard place atm with the X5 & X5R.
One of which does not cut the mustard, the other really really driving a hard bargain in terms of money, workflow.

DJI seems to have no sense of timing. Nov 8th is probably the worse date to get any press attention in the US, it's voting day. DJI would be wise to bump it to Nov 1st if they care anything about press exposure.

personally i do not give a sh@? about the I2 but the fuzz around it starts to piss me off...
sorry, in general some features are ok but people start to rely too much on that and forget to actually learn it.
if you have a sideways fly then make a proper assessment before hand and make sure you see the bird all the way through at ALL times and therefore do not have to rely on an fpv camera...
The FPV addition would help mostly with two operator operations, opening up more possibilities when it's impossible to see enough using VLOS for the pilot. Pilot FPV would be especially helpful for two operator SAR operations with the cameraman using a Z3. I think FPV would be a good addition to enhance the 360 camera capability.

Last edited:
DJI seems to have no sense of timing. Nov 8th is probably the worse date to get any press attention in the US, it's voting day. DJI would be wise to bump it to Nov 1st if they care anything about press exposure.
I really don't think DJI cares what date it is in the US of A. It will not make any difference as it will sell even if they released it on Christmas Day! It's release is to coincide with Lidong in China which is far more important to the Chinese than anything the Americans are up to. :p

I really don't think DJI cares what date it is in the US of A. It will not make any difference as it will sell even if they released it on Christmas Day! It's release is to coincide with Lidong in China which is far more important to the Chinese than anything the Americans are up to. :p
I agree, they are oblivious to the timing of announcements in their largest market. They tend to keep their heads in the sand and focus on satisfying their emotional heart strings at home. :rolleyes:

Big deal, so what if it's the beginning of Winter for China.

I agree, they are oblivious to the timing of announcements in their largest market. They tend to keep their heads in the sand and focus on satisfying their emotional heart strings at home. :rolleyes:

Big deal, so what if it's the beginning of Winter for China.
I believe it is quite important and symbolic for them!
I'm afraid the world doesn't revolve around the United States.

I'm afraid the world doesn't revolve around the United States.
Correct, not any more. But we're still giving billions away to other countries when we're 19 trillion on debt. Go figure.

Sorry, off subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido