Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 with 360 camera attached

Very nice work! How high was camera above Inspire ? I use the GP 360 Fusion and MAX all the time. I never went more then 10" above my mounting plateform. this is on Inspire 1 I use on both I1 and i2 . Very nice blending between lenses. Which camera?

This is video with GP 360 at 10" above:

20191130_090551.jpg

Very cool setup! I just drilled a hole into my inspire and had about 6 feet extension tilting about 45% forward. Camera was bouncing a lot but the flow stabilization from the Insta 360 took care of it.
I noticed when mounting too close to the top nose of the Inspire it was interfering with GPS....
By the way there was no blending of cameras, this clip is only the 360 camera and then "edited" in their software.

Reactions: joehalks
6 feet!! I imagine it was unstable at that distance off CG. Does the Insta 360 stich the camera feeds togahter (like GP 360) . That is my issue with the GP the seam is noticeable while on the your Insta 360 I do not see. Which model do you have? I will pickup and test very impressive. Never have any GPS issue on mine however, I fly in an area that has great satelite distribution.

Reactions: joehalks
There is always a little bit of stiching visible, even in mine when you look closely. This is shot with the original Insta 360, they have newer models out already but I don't use it enough to upgrade. To me the 360 stuff is still not good enough for professional use- at least with these cheaper camera - I don't find the quality good enough as you barely end up with HD when you start editing this into 16:9.
Just a fun toy for some cool promo footage.

Reactions: POWER FISHERMAN
Probably one of the coolest shots I have done with my Inspire 2.
Attached a Insta 360 camera with an extension pole to the top of the Inspire.
Check out this short clip and let me know what you guys think...

Very cool, I would be interested to see what a lower elevation flight near scenery (like trees, mountains and such) would look like. ??

I use GoPro MAX and Fusion 360 regularly on my Inspires . Never tried more than 1 foot
above top. The shot by mediabymartin are incredible it really stayed stable with that camera
out that far very nice.

Video link

I just mounted on my DJI FPV

Reactions: scrubbsfsj
I use GoPro MAX and Fusion 360 regularly on my Inspires . Never tried more than 1 foot
above top. The shot by mediabymartin are incredible it really stayed stable with that camera
out that far very nice.

Video link

I just mounted on my DJI FPV

Thanks IronSky1, that looks incredible. The issue that I've always had with the downward facing cameras is the inability to to capture shots underneath objects like bridges, for inspection purposes. This solves that. I appreciate the post.

Reactions: SlimPickens
Understood I have mounts for the top or bottom of Inspire. I take some practice to get stitching correct. I have not tried any other software however, I will spend some time this year and that Insta360 curious to see how it compares with GP 360. That shot that mediabymartin is really cool.

Understood I have mounts for the top or bottom of Inspire. I take some practice to get stitching correct. I have not tried any other software however, I will spend some time this year and that Insta360 curious to see how it compares with GP 360. That shot that mediabymartin is really cool.
Could you share how you have your top mount setup? do you have an stl maybe?
And how is it going stitching top and bottom 360 cameras together? quite interested to hear about it :)

This is what I use . We have them for Inspire 1 and Inspire 2

1639404938351.png

I have never went above 15 inches . It is a function of balancing the
weight when the camera is up high. I am impressed with that insta 360 way out
on mount on I2. Above a few entries.
"mediabymartin said:
Probably one of the coolest shots I have done with my Inspire 2."

I have not had time to work on testing different software . Currently
working on Yuneec Tornado H920 with different 360 cameras

This is what I use . We have them for Inspire 1 and Inspire 2

View attachment 31758

I have never went above 15 inches . It is a function of balancing the
weight when the camera is up high. I am impressed with that insta 360 way out
on mount on I2. Above a few entries.
"mediabymartin said:
Probably one of the coolest shots I have done with my Inspire 2."

I have not had time to work on testing different software . Currently
working on Yuneec Tornado H920 with different 360 cameras
Thanks for your reply and the link 👍

With such mount covering the GPS antenna I guess you don't get much satellite reception and the i2 switches to atti mode?

Not at all works fine. Only time it switched to atti is when I put a EVO gimbal on top of GPS and that was
caused be the gimbal motors not metal blocking.

There is a self contained smaller version if your camera is light . This use GoPro style moounting
could be lighting or camera

Reactions: Faquaral
I know shipping is always a problem out of NA. I have been looking for someone to sell in EU if your interested let me know.

I have over 100 flights on my I1 and I2 without any recoverable issues. Thats why I test. I make all these for my on use and
share is someone needs. Keeps me busy.

Thanks

I know shipping is always a problem out of NA. I have been looking for someone to sell in EU if your interested let me know.

I have over 100 flights on my I1 and I2 without any recoverable issues. Thats why I test. I make all these for my on use and
share is someone needs. Keeps me busy.

Thanks
And have you maybe considered selling the stl for people to print at home to avoid shipping costs?
Yeah your design looks quite sturdy and well thought of, that's why I got interested

Thanks. I am a mechanical designer by trade though I have been in IT for the past 30 years (dealing with engineer compute clusters). Retired sort of this drones keeps me busy and thinking.
The problem with selling STL is people change and point finger back to original designer if something goes wrong. When I ship
you a part it is only me involved. If it breaks I can send another. If you crash into someone its pilot problem.

Reactions: Faquaral
I have been thinking about what you suggested to offer the STL or print obj files as a option. I will keep you posted.
How much in USD would you pay? I would I would price them all the same.

Regards

Reactions: SlimPickens

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont