Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 with X5S gimbal stopped working with new firmware.

Thanks for your reply. I completed a factory refresh but the Assistant 2 program wouldn't allow me to update the firmware again, in fact it wouldn't show me which firmware I am currently on which I thought was strange. I cleaned the connections with an alcohol swap and still no luck.
I had the same problem. After I went into DJI Assistant 2 and reset factory settings and then I still couldn’t install the firmware. It wouldn’t show the firmware lists of available firmware updates for me to install. I have tried repeatedly to uninstall and reinstall both the DJI GO 4 app and DJI Assistant 2 and it doesn’t make any difference. Finally I just used DJI GO 4 to reinstall the firmware again. Now I am stuck using the newest firmware version and I am still having trouble with it. Any suggestions? Also I have contacted DJI support many times over the last few months and they just keep blowing me off with apologies and nothing more.

In case you haven't found it yet, here is the link. There is one download for mac and one for pc. https://www.dji.com/inspire-2/info#downloads
I am using Windows 10 on my PC and I have heard that you have to disable something in order to allow the driver to work for latest version of DJI Assistant 2 to be installed? Does anyone know what I need to do to get it done?

I am using Windows 10 on my PC and I have heard that you have to disable something in order to allow the driver to work for latest version of DJI Assistant 2 to be installed? Does anyone know what I need to do to get it done?
I have Windows 10 and have had no issues.

Ok I’ll try again and see if it works better this time.

My gimbal stopped working a day after upgrading firmware. Maybe that's just a coincidence? The other day I upgraded to the newest firmware and everything worked great for a day of work. I packed everything up, hiked out and the next morning arrived at a new location and the camera / gimbal stopped working. The drone turns on, blades work, the fpv camera works but there's no image anymore and the gimbal does not initiate upon startup. I tried everything that I can think of in terms of in field fixes (aside from installing a new gimbal which I don't have as I'm in southern Iceland and the nearest store is an 8 hour drive)

I tried putting it in travel mode, taking it out of travel mode, turning it on and off with and without the gimbal hot swapping lenses, pulled both SSD and SD cards out then turning it on and off.

Could it be it's a coincidence that the gimbal just decided to stop working a day after the firmware or could this be a firmware issue?

Anyone close to me with an inspire 2 I can try to swap gimbals to see if this is the problem?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Chris
Hello, I have the same issue on my inspire 2 with a zemuse z5s, I just found something I didn't notice before... I ear a click in the lens every minute and after a time the camera pop up like magic, sometimes arrive after 5, 10 or 20mn and video is back and no clicking noise anymore, did someone have a response??
DJI perhaps????

Hello, I have the same issue on my inspire 2 with a zemuse z5s, I just found something I didn't notice before... I ear a click in the lens every minute and after a time the camera pop up like magic, sometimes arrive after 5, 10 or 20mn and video is back and no clicking noise anymore, did someone have a response??
DJI perhaps????
OK, can you please stop posting the same thing all over the forum (And duplicating posts In the same thread)
The last time this thread was active was back in 2018!
Posting up on a couple of recent threads is fine but not all over the place.

Thank you.

Reactions: Lolo

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars