Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2, X5S not getting signal, all of a sudden

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

New inspire 2 pilot here, have used other DJI drones for a while now. Aircraft is on .0200 firmware, haven’t updated to .0300 yet due to problems I’ve read and batteries not working all of a sudden. So have been flying the drone a few times already and noticed the gimbal yaw drift happening. This morning I recalibrated the IMU and compass to see if it would help, with X5S not on craft. Now when I connect the X5S and turn on craft the gimbal is not getting any signal. The gimbal does nothing when I turn the craft on, just limp, black screen. In DJI go app it is showing gimbal disconnected, which clearly it is. I’ve tried taking the gimbal/ camera off, putting back on along with switching craft in travel, landing mode with gimbal off and reattaching.

Has anyone experienced this and have a fix? I downloaded the DJI assistant 2 and will try reloading firmware- not sure if I can flash current FW or if I’ll have to update to .0300. This is so weird because it had been working perfect and now not at all. I was really gentle when I did the IMU calibration so I can’t see any wires coming loose, connections look good, etc.

One last thing, I had the newest FW on remote and went back to the previous before this happened. I did this because yesterday I updated the remote and noticed the yaw drift more. I went back thinking this might be the cause to the yaw drift on gimble. I’ve now put the remote back to latest firmware.

Sorry for the winded post, trying to explain best I can. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I’ll be checking back. Thank you ! :)

***UPDATE

So it ended up being a loose connector in the gimbal mounting plate, replaced this and it's working again. No idea how this connector came loose all of a sudden.

Reactions: Garbear75
***UPDATE

So it ended up being a loose connector in the gimbal mounting plate, replaced this and it's working again. No idea how this connector came loose all of a sudden.

It can happen just flying. Or a ruff landing can also do it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian