Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2

Reaction score
Hi ppl .not a clue how upload fligh log . I woz flying my bird on full battery only had her in the sky for 2 minets. It woz a sunny day I fly my mavic 2 in the same erea all time no probs . Anyway I took my inspire 2 up to 350ft height and out to a distance of 1900ft then I lost signal . Everything went off on my screen ( iPad ).. I did nothing but wait for bird come home it did not it crashed into a tree at 30ft high . 800ft away from home . Now when I look on fligh log it shows bird at 350ft high and distance of 1900ft when lost signal the bird stop in flight turn to find its way home at 350 ft starts to rth but dropping in altitude as it returning home to 30ft were it crashed into a tree at 50 mph . When I look at the sticks on log when bird is in rth the left stick is fully down and rite stick fully up ?????? Don’t get it

Reactions: Joe Perez
And it says on my log that the bird crashed at 65ft when the tree woz only 30 ft high so I don’t get that .

4e67f0c36e64585d837bce6c4f3989c7.jpg

The bird in auto pilot returning home at 350ft dropping and dropping in altitude and crashed into a tree at 30 ft ? On full battery

Hi ppl .not a clue how upload fligh log . I woz flying my bird on full battery only had her in the sky for 2 minets. It woz a sunny day I fly my mavic 2 in the same erea all time no probs . Anyway I took my inspire 2 up to 350ft height and out to a distance of 1900ft then I lost signal . Everything went off on my screen ( iPad ).. I did nothing but wait for bird come home it did not it crashed into a tree at 30ft high . 800ft away from home . Now when I look on fligh log it shows bird at 350ft high and distance of 1900ft when lost signal the bird stop in flight turn to find its way home at 350 ft starts to rth but dropping in altitude as it returning home to 30ft were it crashed into a tree at 50 mph . When I look at the sticks on log when bird is in rth the left stick is fully down and rite stick fully up ?????? Don’t get it
From your flight map and information given it appears to be an illegal flight (over 500m distance, flying over a congested area and compounded by flying directly over a primary school and nursery school during the time children would be present!).

Will not be commenting further.

Reactions: Avocet
Get away am 350 ft . So you telling me no fly over buildings? And never directly over a school .

Get away am 350 ft . So you telling me no fly over buildings? And never directly over a school .
I assume you are familiar with the laws of the UK in respect of flying a UAV. Although from your comments probably not.
Maximum height agl 400ft and maximum distance 500m los.
You have already stated you were flying 1900ft from you which is over 500m.
The Air Navigation Order is clear in defining a congested area.
Your aircraft crashed which demonstrates accidents can happen. Imagine if it had of been into the nursery school whilst children were playing outside.

I assume you do not hold PfCO.

I don’t no . Am new to this and shows ppl flying over building all over place on utube . I did not think drone would just come down like that .

Sorry to hear that but you have to do a lot of things to your drone before you fly it and number one thing you have to know the rules and regulations. You can't just take it out of the box and fly it. Their are Calibration and and a bunch of settings like return home high and maximum altitude settings
Never set max height for more than 120 and I set return home at 52. Maybe this will help you. Their are a lot more settings.

Thanks a lot
A drone like the inspire 2 requires a lot of reading and understanding before just flying. You must also understand that as a pro or hobbyists we all need to know the rules and follow them....if not we stand the chance of ruining this for all. We have 107 in the states and hold multiple clearances, having flown over 2000 flights with only one small problem.
I have found in my reading that most issues are operator error. Glad you got it back...parts sure cheap and you got off easy.....I think loosing control and not knowing if it hit something will make you a heck of a lot more careful in the future. Thanks.

Yes it my folt I turned i2 on in kitchen and tilted it to get out of door then got error and it calabrated it wrong that’s why she went down . Big lesson learned . And thanks for all comments . Bird back with dji Monday see what the damage is.....

Still got mi mavic 2 play with . Just waiting on aliantech come see what all the fuss about ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry