Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 3 or Mavic 3 ??

The Inspire 2 has recently had the larger (and expensive SSD Card) card and 1 other item I'm not recalling at moment.

The release of the larger capacity SSD last year was a surprise on older platform. I'm not sure, was the X7 released with the I2 or released afterward as a new Camera payload.

Hasn't been any new firmware updates in long time, that generally indirectly indicates new features or hardware.

Personally, I'd like to see the I2 receive updates, but like my M210 it will probably be replaced by new craft... if the Inspire platform continues.

I'm pondering if the new M3P Cinematic version which is a Proconsumer Price & Platform isn't the replacement for the I2. The M2 Air series continues as the Consumer Mavic series.

The only part that indicates it's not a I2 replacement is the lack of swappable payloads.

I think probably not. DJI hasn't really brought new features to older products, they tend to sell new stuff. Unless the I3 is cancelled or not coming out then maybe they would offer the X9 for the I2. But probably not. Has anything new come out for the I2 since launch?
Your post confuses me. My post was referring to a possible I3, with no mention of the I2

The Inspire 2 has recently had the larger (and expensive SSD Card) card and 1 other item I'm not recalling at moment.

The release of the larger capacity SSD last year was a surprise on older platform. I'm not sure, was the X7 released with the I2 or released afterward as a new Camera payload.

Hasn't been any new firmware updates in long time, that generally indirectly indicates new features or hardware.

Personally, I'd like to see the I2 receive updates, but like my M210 it will probably be replaced by new craft... if the Inspire platform continues.

I'm pondering if the new M3P Cinematic version which is a Proconsumer Price & Platform isn't the replacement for the I2. The M2 Air series continues as the Consumer Mavic series.

The only part that indicates it's not a I2 replacement is the lack of swappable payloads.
I’m not sure how the M3PC could qualify as a replacement for the I2 as it can’t replace the X7.

I’m not sure how the M3PC could qualify as a replacement for the I2 as it can’t replace the X7.
I'd agree, M3PC doesn't use an equivalent to X7... I stated that eariler as well. Although that doesn't prevent replacement... they can release an X5S equivalent now and release a V2 FF X7 equivalent next... maybe with lens pac. Non-Swapable payloads, purchase multiple crafts may be a new direction in cost and features in small platforms. They're able to match/exceed aerial performance, improve transmission, improve stability of the aging I2.

The release of a I3 as hopfully expected may not appear... may be smaller package with less flexibility. It doesn't require a large platform to house large sensors and advanced processing formats.

As indicated above, the I2 hasn't grown... release a new proprietary lens mount with X7 and not develop additional lenses beyond the initial 4. New payloads, lenses and Firmware hasn't appeared and normally leaked rumors, sketches, etc haven't evolved for the I3 either... not even a whisper which is unusual to help increase anticipation of new platform.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar