Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire accesories

How much do you want for the camera, batteries, and radios?

As it stands right now, $2000shipped would buy me out. I aint slingin **** till I know whether or not my inspire works. My buddy is supposed to come out tomorrow or Thursday for a rescue mission.

So if you wanna buy it all now, $2000...if you wanna wait, if things turn out unfavorable for me, I'll reprice accordingly.

Offer to pay for one of these guys plane ticket to you and they can get it down or PVC tubing 1.5 inch or so with a rope through it much like how they catch stray dogs

So my buddy, his name is Travis. Totally slayed that tree, from the point he showed up to me paying him, took all of about an hour...maybe 30min to climb, used much more than just a harness and painter poles.

Anyway, the inspire was in the "unclimable" zone he hauled up this hook/saw tool. When he got to about 60ft he tried to lift it out but the tree wasn't having that. He took out his saw and cut the culprit branche(s) pulled the inspire out.

Now, I'm pretty amazed already. When he got down with it and everything was in tact even the props were fine (so that new obstacle firmware update must work) I was just stoked that it was okay...I didnt just fly full bore into the tree I had slowed way down when I saw the collision course so the I spire just kinda floated into the tree and the trees branches just wrapped themselves around it.

When hr got down, I pulled the battery, checked it, still showed signs of life. Popped in a new battery and it powered on just fine. I spent a couple hours just going through it checking for damage and what not. Replaced the qr mounts and props. The battery did lose some of its life, went from 100% to 93%, i flew that battery yesterday so not a big deal.

So to recap. My inspire survived 6days/7 nights in a cottonwood (that should be the title to this thread), 2 rainfalls, heat, humidity...and in the end it all worked out. Just in time to as we're heading into a rainy friday.
DSC_0766.JPG

speaking of friday....GO HAWKS!!!!

Excellent outcome!! I had a big ol smile on my face reading the rescue story...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

A long time ago in Phantom 1.1.1 land, I had a battery die and it landed the same way as your I1 in a tree. I relate to your experience completely. Glad you got your Inspire 1 back and with minimal damages. I'm in the Seattle area as well. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont