Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Accessories Discussion (was "Pulled the Trigger")

Reaction score
Those who know me know I don't pull it lightly, but it's pulled. I'm putting some faith and trust in DJI (and Apple for that matter, since I went the iPad Mini 2 route), but I'm in.

CopterShop:
  • 1 X DJI Inspire 1 - DJI Inspire 1 with dual controllers for $3,399.00
  • 2 X DJI Charger for Inspire 1 Series Battery and Controller (AC Adapter) for $61.00 each
  • 2 X DJI Inspire 1 Battery - TB47 4500 mAh for $159.00 each
  • 2 X DJI Inspire 1 Battery - TB48 5700 mAh for $199.00 each
Apple Store:
  • 2 X iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi 16GB - Silver - that iOS app had better get approved.....
Go Professional:

Last edited:
Why get the case? It comes with one from DJI.... Good setup though, don't forget your microsd cards 90mbps data rate. :)

More room, handle, tougher and....WHEELS!! :)

Yeah good point on high end microsd cards. 4k!!
Also, be wary of putting all your eggs in one basket with Apple... I wouldn't gamble money on DJI and Apple sorting things out. I'm guessing it's a bigger conflict than just the app not being approved. I've heard that they never received license use for the iPad or their thunderbolt in this way. Just what I've heard. I purchased mine 4 days ago, still waiting of course, but for $300, I'm reading that Nvidia Shield is the way to go. The android app just got updated today too. Might be better to get one iPad and one Shield, imo.

Reactions: SVidz
Also, be wary of putting all your eggs in one basket with Apple... I wouldn't gamble money on DJI and Apple sorting things out. I'm guessing it's a bigger conflict than just the app not being approved. I've heard that they never received license use for the iPad or their thunderbolt in this way. Just what I've heard. I purchased mine 4 days ago, still waiting of course, but for $300, I'm reading that Nvidia Shield is the way to go. The android app just got updated today too. Might be better to get one iPad and one Shield, imo.

Yeah I've seen the iPad Mini 2 vs NVIDIA Shiekd side-by-side test and due to the video lag on the Shield (which apparently is the best you get on Android for the Inspire app) I went iPad Mini 2.

I can side-load the app for now.

Hopefully they can work it all out before too long.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
More room, handle, tougher and....WHEELS!! :)

Yeah good point on high end microsd cards. 4k!!

I agree about the wheels. I purchased a $24 luggage frame with wheels and use that to move my Inspire case through the airport. I carry the case in the overhead bin. Just note that the GoProfessional case must be checked which means the Tx's, with built in lipos, and the flight lipos need to be removed or they will be confiscated. You must carry the lipos in the cabin. Just saying.

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
I agree about the wheels. I purchased a $24 luggage frame with wheels and use that to move my Inspire case through the airport. I carry the case in the overhead bin. Just note that the GoProfessional case must be checked which means the Tx's, with built in lipos, and the flight lipos need to be removed or they will be confiscated. You must carry the lipos in the cabin. Just saying.
Which luggage frame did you get? Also, what foam did you buy to fill the luggage? LINKS PLZ! :D

Sorry, my inspire was sold about 3+ weeks ago to someone else, i simply did not feel comfortable with the product , The final straw on my decision to sell was when Apple chose to pull the plug, If Apple says NO , then you should know that something is not right.

Understood. I think I'll have to check it on an upcoming vacation to Playa del Carmen in Mexico. Thanks for the reminder to pull the remote lipos though. Also, around town or on road trips the case with wheels will save my back. :)

Which luggage frame did you get? Also, what foam did you buy to fill the luggage? LINKS PLZ! :D

This is what I purchased:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CV8UXE/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use the Inspire supplied case so I don't need any additional foam. I can carry up to 7 of the 100w/h lipos and 2 of the 126w/h batteries with an additional 5 of the 100w/h. I normally fly with 5 lipos and 2 Tx's. TSA has yet to open up the case. I think it has to do with the smart lipos with no wires. Just my opinion.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CV8UXE/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use the Inspire supplied case so I don't need any additional foam. I can carry up to 7 of the 100w/h lipos and 2 of the 126w/h batteries with an additional 5 of the 100w/h. I normally fly with 5 lipos and 2 Tx's. TSA has yet to open up the case. I think it has to do with the smart lipos with no wires. Just my opinion.
When you say 100w/h you're referring to the TB47's, and the 126w/h you're referring to the TB48's? And Tx's = Transmitters?? :D And lipos are the rechargeable batteries for use with the transmitters??? :D Sorry, new to the lingo. ;)

I'll still have the original case so it's not an either/or. But if I chose to go "wheeled" or check it I can.

Last edited:
Wait, where do you buy the transmitter batteries? What kind of batteries do they take?

DJI they are 2S 6000mAh.
I'm only finding the battery for the Phantom 2 when I search for that. Do you have a link? You're saying that the transmitter (aka controller) uses a lipo battery too, correct? XD

Update:

Added to the spending spree with

- 4 X 128GB Lexar 633x / UHS-1 microSD cards

- 2 X TSA-certified combination locks for the case for checking it

- 2 X iPad Mini 2 Inspire sunshades

- 1 X 8TB G-Tech thunderbolt external drive array for 4k editing/storage for my MacBook Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: lrwskyfilms

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido