Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Bursts Into Flames

Reaction score
After a fairly decent crash, the Inspire within moments burst into flames. Pretty much kept on burning too, even though it had sand dumped on it. Pretty much just burnt into a big messy blob.

Has anyone else experienced such a thing? I can find no trace of it anywhere online. Can only imagine if the inspire had crashed onto a house.... the damage would have been far greater.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. Any photos to share?

There was that one battery that shorted and smoked out on the airplane but it doesn't surprise me at all that the inspire could catch fire from a crash. That's just the way it is with LiPos. They don't take kindly to being roughed up.
Yes that's right!!
Forgot about that one..lol..

Reactions: NEJO/Wisconsin
Sorry for your loss[emoji20]!! Often thought what if you can't prove what happened and it legitimently lost a craft due to fire or explosion?? **** GOOD QUESTION? Hopefully all is taken care of and a speedy recovery of a new AC.. Sounds like the fuselage/Battery or worn wire shorted. Too many variables, but definitely NOT GOOD!! Please keep us POSTED[emoji15]!

Please provide some more details.

Have you contacted/spoken to DJI about the incident?

After a fairly decent crash, the Inspire within moments burst into flames. Pretty much kept on burning too, even though it had sand dumped on it. Pretty much just burnt into a big messy blob.

Has anyone else experienced such a thing? I can find no trace of it anywhere online. Can only imagine if the inspire had crashed onto a house.... the damage would have been far greater.

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry