Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire cinemaDNG and apple pro res license

Reaction score
I’m about to jump from mavic pro to inspire 2 in June.
I will getting my part 107 before June.
My question is this:
When shopping for the inspire 2 both new and places like eBay I see that some inspire 2 deals mention the cinema DNG and Apple pro res license and some dont.
Does that mean the drone itself has these licenses?
I guess I thought the individual was attached to them..

Does a person need these if they don’t intend on shooting movie or Hollywood footage?

I’m about to jump from mavic pro to inspire 2 in June.
I will getting my part 107 before June.
My question is this:
When shopping for the inspire 2 both new and places like eBay I see that some inspire 2 deals mention the cinema DNG and Apple pro res license and some dont.
Does that mean the drone itself has these licenses?
I guess I thought the individual was attached to them..

Does a person need these if they don’t intend on shooting movie or Hollywood footage?
Moved to Inspire 2 section.

Please use the search function on the forum as this has been asked (and answered) many times over and there are numerous threads on the subject of codec license.
The license is stored/held on the aircraft and is not linked to the individual in any way.

Moved to Inspire 2 section.

Please use the search function on the forum as this has been asked (and answered) many times over and there are numerous threads on the subject of codec license.
The license is stored/held on the aircraft and is not linked to the individual in any way.
Thank you.
I will search first before I post from now on.
You answered my question though and I thank you

Thank you.
I will search first before I post from now on.
You answered my question though and I thank you
The license is linked to the serial number of the aircraft which (unlike other manufacturers) means that if you total/crash your UAV you have to purchase another license with the replacement.

Reactions: John913
The license is linked to the serial number of the aircraft which (unlike other manufacturers) means that if you total/crash your UAV you have to purchase another license with the replacement.
Not all inspire 2 have this I see..
Reason I’m asking is cause I’m looking at buying a used inspire 2 and was wondering why some said had the licenses and some not.
Seems to me I would be better off getting one
Already licensed if the price is fair.
I believe the cinemaDNG is like 1,00-1,200
And the Apple pro res is around $500

Actually the license is linked directly to the Cinecore module serial number and - consequently - to the aircraft serial #. If you recover the remains of totalled Inspire 2, the license can be transferred to a replacement unit. This procedure, however, can be performed only by authorized DJI repair facility and it's a PITA ...

Not all inspire 2 have this I see..
Reason I’m asking is cause I’m looking at buying a used inspire 2 and was wondering why some said had the licenses and some not.
Seems to me I would be better off getting one
Already licensed if the price is fair.
I believe the cinemaDNG is like 1,00-1,200
And the Apple pro res is around $500
Your assumptions are correct. However, the cost of CineDNG/ProRes video recording will multiply easily with added price of necessary SSD drive(s) and a reader. Definitely consideration worthy, but only when you're negotiating a contract with serious TV or film production ...

Actually the license is linked directly to the Cinecore module serial number and - consequently - to the aircraft serial #. If you recover the remains of totalled Inspire 2, the license can be transferred to a replacement unit. This procedure, however, can be performed only by authorized DJI repair facility and it's a PITA ...
I know - but thought it simpler to say aircraft S/N which it basically is.
It is a little more streamlined and less onerous now to have a transfer of license by DJI than it used to be, but it can still be a jumping through hoop process.
I believe that DJI do not actually transfer the license but rather issue you with a new one and will retain the cinecore/aircraft with the original license

Hi guys
Let me join the "party"
I've one question that go in the same way...kinda
I've currently have two Inspire 2,one who already have the Licence with a X5s and one with a X4s who don't have the licence...
The one who doesn't have the licence is for sale and my buyer would like to know if he could,in the future,
upgrade the camera for a X5s or a X7 and buy the Prores licence...
I told him that i was pretty sure that it was possible but the problem is...the slot where you put the SSD seem to be sealed.
So even if it's possible to buy the licence,he won't be able to put a SSD in his Inspire 2
Am i missing something here ??
Thanks!

Hi guys
Let me join the "party"
I've one question that go in the same way...kinda
I've currently have two Inspire 2,one who already have the Licence with a X5s and one with a X4s who don't have the licence...
The one who doesn't have the licence is for sale and my buyer would like to know if he could,in the future,
upgrade the camera for a X5s or a X7 and buy the Prores licence...
I told him that i was pretty sure that it was possible but the problem is...the slot where you put the SSD seem to be sealed.
So even if it's possible to buy the licence,he won't be able to put a SSD in his Inspire 2
Am i missing something here ??
Thanks!
Definitely you're missing something here ... What do you mean "sealed"? Plugged with removable snap-in cover perhaps, but I've never heard about DJI approved SSD card slot seal. Just pry it out :) ...

Hi Dobmatt
After taking a closer look and compare both of my Inspire 2 side by side,i've notice that the "plastic plug" on the Inspire 2 with the X4s have been put in upside down..
That's why it was so hard to remove...
Once i've put it back in the right position,it was really easy to remove.
Another problem solve !
Thanks buddy !!?

Hi Dobmatt
After taking a closer look and compare both of my Inspire 2 side by side,i've notice that the "plastic plug" on the Inspire 2 with the X4s have been put in upside down..
That's why it was so hard to remove...
Once i've put it back in the right position,it was really easy to remove.
Another problem solve !
Thanks buddy !!?
Now that's funny! But yes, it's tricky unless you know ... Glad to help :)

This is not true. We totaled an inspire 2 with both licenses. The catch is that you have to send the debris to DJI and have them "repair" (likely a refurbished vehicle) or replace with a new one. In either case DJI will transfer the license to the vehicle they send back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool