Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Phantom 3 remote

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I have an Inspire 1 with dual remotes and want to purchase a Phantom 3 Advanced without RC.
Does the I1 remote work with the P3A?
Thank You
JE

No they are craft specific and you can't use i1 for p3 or vice versa :(
Ummmmm....actually they do.
The Inspire will work with the P3 however not the other way round.
DJI actually used Inspire remotes on their P3's at NAB
Additionally you should get video our via HDMI on the remote as an added bonus. :)

The opposite of what Dji told me on a similar inquiry but have leaned to trust the forum over Dji any day! That's good news

The opposite of what Dji told me on a similar inquiry but have leaned to trust the forum over Dji any day! That's good news
Just to be clear - because after reading my post again it could be construed the other way round......
The P3 will work with an Inspire remote but an Inspire cannot be controlled using a P3 remote.

Just to be clear - because after reading my post again it could be construed the other way round......
The P3 will work with an Inspire remote but an Inspire cannot be controlled using a P3 remote.
So, the Inspire RC will work with the P3A! :)

So, the Inspire RC will work with the P3A! :)
It absolutely should do and I can confirm that DJI used Inspire remotes on their P3's at NAB and used the HDMI out on them.
However, I say 'should' because it has worked this way all the way through up to and including firmware v1.4.0010 I have not however tested it on v1.5.0030 (Phantom FW) so I cannot confirm it is still current.

I just upgraded to v1.5.0030! I'll see what dji says, then go from there.
Just trying to save a little money not having to buy another controller.
Thanks again
p.s. cute Australian Shepard, we have a Pembroke Welsh Corgie. not that has anything to do
with the inspire

Reactions: The Editor
I just upgraded to v1.5.0030! I'll see what dji says, then go from there.
Just trying to save a little money not having to buy another controller.
Thanks again
p.s. cute Australian Shepard, we have a Pembroke Welsh Corgie. not that has anything to do
with the inspire
She's a Border Collie and she's six now (but just as much trouble :p)

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Note that (at least last time I tried) while it "worked" it wasn't properly integrated, i.e. some settings of the I1 remote that don't exist on the P3 remote couldn't be accessed from the app when used with the P3. Had to relink it to the I1, change setting, and link to P3 again. Might have changed.

Last edited:
DJI will sell a bare P3 (with no camera) but their price isn't very cost effective.
If you're buying used, that's another matter
You are probably right. $759.99 vs $999.99 The phantom 3 advanced rc is $590 alone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan