Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire PRO vs Matrice 600 what is better?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I would to ask You what will be a better for gainfully Flying - Inspire Pro or Matrice 600? What would you suggest to buy? I want to fly on sports event's and sometime to film some wedding..?

If the camera on Inspire V2 Pro is so good as everyone talking about, i dont think that I need to put heavy imagining equipment. But is it realy so good ? Is it worth the money that it cost? I thinking about Inspire becouse in My opinion it is quite fast and quite ease to control - so that's what I will need in sports events that I plan to film. The only problem is battery 12-14 min of fly, its not a long time....

So is someone here can confirm me that the camera X5 is realy so good? Is it suitable for professional filming?

And the last question : does anyone know when DJI release the new Inspire? Another version ?

Reactions: katoom1290
If the camera on Inspire V2 Pro is so good as everyone talking about, i dont think that I need to put heavy imagining equipment. But is it realy so good ? Is it worth the money that it cost? I thinking about Inspire becouse in My opinion it is quite fast and quite ease to control - so that's what I will need in sports events that I plan to film. The only problem is battery 12-14 min of fly, its not a long time....

So is someone here can confirm me that the camera X5 is realy so good? Is it suitable for professional filming?

And the last question : does anyone know when DJI release the new Inspire? Another version ?
Inspire 2 will be announced soon with expected marketing by the end of this year (accordingly to The Editor). Inspire 1 Pro, however, is as fast and agile as Matrice 100 platform, and much better suited for professional filming. In real life both will provide more or less equal flying time on single battery, although Matrice 100 allows for installation of 2 batteries for extended flights. Matrice 100 is perfect for customization and experimental development, but non-raising landing gear may - and will - show up in the frame occasionally. Finally, consider 2 controller operation when filming sport events with Inspire: one for the pilot, second for cameraman ...

We use the X5 for pro work but if you are not experienced with using pro camera then you have a big learning curve. Just buying a drone will not make you a camera operator.

We use the X5 for pro work but if you are not experienced with using pro camera then you have a big learning curve. Just buying a drone will not make you a camera operator.

agreed with the above, If you are not familiar with a DSLR and its settings (not just using auto) its going to be a massive amount to take in along with flying the drone.

I intend on doing low light shots and night time shots, these are where the x5 would come into its own.

Reactions: Dennis Carbo
agreed with the above, If you are not familiar with a DSLR and its settings (not just using auto) its going to be a massive amount to take in along with flying the drone.

I intend on doing low light shots and night time shots, these are where the x5 would come into its own.
Im afraid thats where the X5 won't stack up I think. It doesn't like low light at all.

thx for Youre response everyone. I got one more question - DOBMATT wrote about that DJI plans sell the new Inspire? Is it something more is known about the new Inspire ? I plan to buy Inspire at the turn of the year so maybe it's good to wait a month or two longer to buy new version ??

thx for Youre response everyone. I got one more question - DOBMATT wrote about that DJI plans sell the new Inspire? Is it something more is known about the new Inspire ? I plan to buy Inspire at the turn of the year so maybe it's good to wait a month or two longer to buy new version ??
Possibly. You could wait for the new inspire or wait for price drops in the current one. Either way a win win in my opinion.

My statement about Inspire 2 release in near future is based only on speculations of The Editor, posted on this forum somewhere. I assume He's much closer to the source than most of us ... DJI is extremely busy now marketing Mavic drone ... Anyway, I don't expect radical improvements with Inspire class. If I were you, I'll wait for significant price drop of I1P before I2 release and buy it. X5 camera + a set of decent Olympus lenses will make you happy for years to come. Matrice 600 seems to be overkill for you, unless money's no object and you plan to carry RED camera with it ...

So You suggest dont wait for I2 and Just buy I pro version? In this moment I got P3 pro and I buy it one month before P4 was released Im a Little bit disappointed that I didnt wait, so thats why I ask about new Inspire to get past this same mistake in future :)

So You suggest dont wait for I2 and Just buy I pro version? In this moment I got P3 pro and I buy it one month before P4 was released Im a Little bit disappointed that I didnt wait, so thats why I ask about new Inspire to get past this same mistake in future :)
I don't know what do you expect from us ... I don't know you, I have no idea what do you know about aerial imaging ... All I know is that we can't win the race. Any purchased gadget is obsolete by the time you master it ... Go figure.

Reactions: Black Sky
Ok Guys,
There is no question which is better, the Matrice 600 is a far better bird than the inspire1 or for that matter the soon to be released Inspire II or any Quadcopter that will ever be made in the future. This is because safety should be your number one concern. Any quadcopter will drop from the sky if you lose a prop/motor or have a battery problem.

That is where the M600 excels! With six motor/props you can lose a motor/prop and still safely fly. As well, with six batteries you can have a bad battery and still fly. Yes it is a more costly bird but you get what you pay for. I have an Inspire 1 v2 and I Love It, but flying commercially with it, or any quadcopter, is really taking a chance. Real professionals put safety first, no question. I never take the Inspire 1v2 and fly on properties where I could crash onto equipment, cars, etc. Over barren land, cornfields etc. I do use it.

Be careful any fly safe!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to inject my two pennies worth. If you can afford to swallow the cost of at least 12 batteries for the M600 then I would go for this bird. This will give you about an hours flight time with the X5.

It sounds like the original poster is going to be recording sport events so will be flying over people. Before you even start your going to need the highest rating in your licence because without it you cannot fly over a crowd of larger than 1000 people. As somebody has already mentioned to your going to need redundancy in the number of rotor blades so the M600 is a must. the inspire and its four rotors just wouldn't be allowed over large crowds.

Keith

So it all goes down to a conclusion that Lamborghini is better than BMW, as the price tag implies. That's simply the one and most significant factor to be taken into consideration ...

Well, I know the cost of the bird matters because I had to really save and take from other parts of my finances to afford the. M600.
However, if you are flying commercially there is no option but to
have the redundancy built into the M600. I know it can still fall out of the air but at least I have done all I can to prevent that from happening.
One bad crash onto a BMW and you could have 2 or 3 M600's if you are not insured.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc