Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looking to buy a matrice 600 or pro model

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone know a good place to look for a matrice 600 that’s not ebay? Or does anyone happen to have one? I’ve been getting more into SDK work and film and I think the M600 is the right drone for the job. Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell for $3500 and under? I’ve been working on an autonomous search and rescue drone and it fits perfectly for the job.

Hi. Does anyone know a good place to look for a matrice 600 that’s not ebay? Or does anyone happen to have one? I’ve been getting more into SDK work and film and I think the M600 is the right drone for the job. Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell for $3500 and under? I’ve been working on an autonomous search and rescue drone and it fits perfectly for the job.
My business partner has an M600 Pro in pristine condition. It is set up with a Phoenix LiDAR unit. So I'm not sure if you would have to make any hardware changes to accommodate an X5 or X5S.

I'm out of town working right now. Give me a day to get back to you.

D

My business partner has an M600 Pro in pristine condition. It is set up with a Phoenix LiDAR unit. So I'm not sure if you would have to make any hardware changes to accommodate an X5 or X5S.

D
Great, thanks! Can’t wait to hear about it.

Mathewsw1234
Mathewsw1234, I have a pristine M600, dual GPS, Ronin MX, GPC Case, RSS, chargers, 3 sets of batteries, etc.. I'll check my costs vs your desired pricing and see what would work. Photo attached. Where are you located? My market area.... Virginia Beach, VA doesn't have a client base that demands the M600, the most heavy-lift of my four drones. Also, due to family medical issues, it is difficult for me to travel to areas where the client base is different.

Attachments

• 201107-1218BForWEBOnly.jpg
    201107-1218BForWEBOnly.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 12
Mathewsw1234

Mathewsw1234, I have a pristine M600, dual GPS, Ronin MX, GPC Case, RSS, chargers, 3 sets of batteries, etc.. I'll check my costs vs your desired pricing and see what would work. Photo attached. Where are you located? My market area.... Virginia Beach, VA doesn't have a client base that demands the M600, the most heavy-lift of my four drones. Also, due to family medical issues, it is difficult for me to travel to areas where the client base is different.
I live in Maryland, so it would not be a bad drive to get it. Thanks for telling me about it. It sounds like a nice rig you have. Mainly what I would be concerned about getting would be the drone and batteries. Of course more is better here with the ronin and case but that is up to you with the price. Let me know how it all works out price wise. Thanks again. Have a great day

Mathewsw1234

Also over the years the quality and size of drones has greatly increased. Crazy that you can get what is essentially an Inspire 2 and a Mavic size now. Crazy how the times change. Wish you luck with your family, I have a similar case going on with a close family member right now so I understand.

D
Most likely an X5 mount. Take your time.

Most likely an X5 mount. Take your time.
Sorry....I haven't forgotten about you. Ironically, I'm overwhelmed with drone work this week. It's Saturday and I'm getting ready to go do a shoot for a law firm, of all things. At this point I'm trying to determine if it would be worth selling the M600 separate from the Phoenix LiDAR unit. The LiDAR unit costs 3 or 4x what the M600 costs. So we obviously don't want to be stuck with a $60K brick if it requires the M600 to function.

The entire thing was built by a third-party, so I honestly don't know as much about this unit as I do my own drones. I'll get back to you.

D

Sorry....I haven't forgotten about you. Ironically, I'm overwhelmed with drone work this week. It's Saturday and I'm getting ready to go do a shoot for a law firm, of all things. At this point I'm trying to determine if it would be worth selling the M600 separate from the Phoenix LiDAR unit. The LiDAR unit costs 3 or 4x what the M600 costs. So we obviously don't want to be stuck with a $60K brick if it requires the M600 to function.

The entire thing was built by a third-party, so I honestly don't know as much about this unit as I do my own drones. I'll get back to you.

D
Don’t worry about it. I wasn’t trying to rush you or anything. I don’t know anything about the LiDAR units myself so this would be new to me. Sorry I can’t provide help on that. Enjoy the shoot you have.

If you're needing a heavy stable lifter... I'd agree, the M600Pro is an excellent option. I have 2, and they are so stable... I relate a comparison to a smooth Bomber to an agile Fighter. Probably the best stable controllable platform, and easiest to see at a distance.

I'd agree, a smaller package can meet similar quality of the large platforms in many ways, even exceed. A Mavic 3 Cine is a nice craft compared to an Inspire 2 X5S in many ways. Although the I2 offers multiple lenses, CinDNG, Removable SSD's and a X7 FullFrame S35 that's still out fount as leader. Plus as you've indicated, using SDK and 3rd Party Apps takes an earlier craft like the I2, MP2, and Matrice series.

If you're only seeking to mount up a X5, that's a light load for the M600Pro... and just a note if going X5, the X5R is superior in multiple ways. For X5 MFT Payloads, the Inspire 2 X5S would be a good choice... both on Lightbridge 2, and the X5S is a bit better than X5R but extra on licenses that are free with X5R: ProRes & CinDNG.

The Ronin MX is a nice gimble mount for larger payloads, and the Gremsy Gimbals: T or S series are a notch up, faster setup, faster payload balance and still in supported production. I have a Ronin MX planning to move to Gremsy. Mount up a Sony A7series, RED, or other and you're gaining on the payload for Cinematography, Modeling, Maps, etc.

Not attempting to discourage your M600Pro decision... it's a wonderful platform with multiple tangents of operation.

The price target might be on the low side, especially if more than 1 set of Batteries. But as always, depends on the Seller... if they're more wanting to sell than retain, price may be lower. I casually watch eBay prices and they appear to be appreciating not depreciating recently.

Best of Luck on your treasure hunt and hope you enjoy it... Great Craft.

If you're needing a heavy stable lifter... I'd agree, the M600Pro is an excellent option. I have 2, and they are so stable... I relate a comparison to a smooth Bomber to an agile Fighter. Probably the best stable controllable platform, and easiest to see at a distance.

I'd agree, a smaller package can meet similar quality of the large platforms in many ways, even exceed. A Mavic 3 Cine is a nice craft compared to an Inspire 2 X5S in many ways. Although the I2 offers multiple lenses, CinDNG, Removable SSD's and a X7 FullFrame S35 that's still out fount as leader. Plus as you've indicated, using SDK and 3rd Party Apps takes an earlier craft like the I2, MP2, and Matrice series.

If you're only seeking to mount up a X5, that's a light load for the M600Pro... and just a note if going X5, the X5R is superior in multiple ways. For X5 MFT Payloads, the Inspire 2 X5S would be a good choice... both on Lightbridge 2, and the X5S is a bit better than X5R but extra on licenses that are free with X5R: ProRes & CinDNG.

The Ronin MX is a nice gimble mount for larger payloads, and the Gremsy Gimbals: T or S series are a notch up, faster setup, faster payload balance and still in supported production. I have a Ronin MX planning to move to Gremsy. Mount up a Sony A7series, RED, or other and you're gaining on the payload for Cinematography, Modeling, Maps, etc.

Not attempting to discourage your M600Pro decision... it's a wonderful platform with multiple tangents of operation.

The price target might be on the low side, especially if more than 1 set of Batteries. But as always, depends on the Seller... if they're more wanting to sell than retain, price may be lower. I casually watch eBay prices and they appear to be appreciating not depreciating recently.

Best of Luck on your treasure hunt and hope you enjoy it... Great Craft.
Thank you man. The reason I wanted to opt for a m600 is because I plan to attach a X5, thermal, and a 5-10 pound medical and relief package to the bottom. In this case I wasn’t going for video but rather for search and rescue. I do plan to get a ronin of some sorts to put my Sony camera on it. I thought, might as well get one that will do both search and rescue and support my filmmaking at the same time. I have looked into many drones but sadly DJI stopped producing heavy lifters like this one. And I find it quite interesting as well that these drones haven’t really gone down in price. I ever so often find one somewhere for under $3500 but it is rare. Was mainly wondering is someone on this forum had one they just were not using anymore and wanted to get rid of of knew of one like that. Thank you for the insight into all of the drones and cameras. It’s nice to hear when someone really knows there stuff. Have a great day and thanks again!

Thank you man. The reason I wanted to opt for a m600 is because I plan to attach a X5, thermal, and a 5-10 pound medical and relief package to the bottom. In this case I wasn’t going for video but rather for search and rescue. I do plan to get a ronin of some sorts to put my Sony camera on it. I have looked into many drones but sadly DJI stopped producing heavy lifters like this one. And I find it quite interesting as well that these drones haven’t really gone down in price. I ever so often find one somewhere for under $3500 but it is rare. Was mainly wondering is someone on this forum had one they just were not using anymore and wanted to get rid of of knew of one like that. Thank you for the insight into all of the drones and cameras. It’s nice to hear when someone really knows there stuff. Have a great day and thanks again!
Sounds like a great setup you're working on, and the M600Pro can handle your payload... I'd estimate that under 15lbs total.
Are you wanting to dual mount the X5 & XT640 or Duo?
A dual setup on the Lightbridge 2 / A3 is a little fussy... and the display not ideal to some.

For your purposes, have you examined the Workswell WIRIS Pro. It's a great setup for M600Pro... super Thermo and RGB setup.
M600Pro flies on the Go4 or similar app, and the Workswell on a Separate Screen (tablet) running a seperate control & program so 1 person or 2 person can operate.

Although, the MedPak mount would need some separate attention if you wanted to release & drop. If it was from ground dismount then it could be topside too.

Sounds like a great setup you're working on, and the M600Pro can handle your payload... I'd estimate that under 15lbs total.
Are you wanting to dual mount the X5 & XT640 or Duo?
A dual setup on the Lightbridge 2 / A3 is a little fussy... and the display not ideal to some.

For your purposes, have you examined the Workswell WIRIS Pro. It's a great setup for M600Pro... super Thermo and RGB setup.
M600Pro flies on the Go4 or similar app, and the Workswell on a Separate Screen (tablet) running a seperate control & program so 1 person or 2 person can operate.

Although, the MedPak mount would need some separate attention if you wanted to release & drop. If it was from ground dismount then it could be topside too.

The plan was to use the X5 as a photogrammetry tool/FPV camera as the FLIR is installed on a raspberry pi with a copied video output put into the LB2s extra downlink. The drone and the Pi are going to be two separate systems. The drone is strictly for the autopilot and the Pi with the thermal camera is going to be running its own software for detecting people that will send commands to the drone through the SDK. That’s why I can run the Flir duo or similar cameras. The one you sent is very cool.

Reactions: dougcjohn
The plan was to use the X5 as a photogrammetry tool/FPV camera as the FLIR is installed on a raspberry pi with a copied video output put into the LB2s extra downlink. The drone and the Pi are going to be two separate systems. The drone is strictly for the autopilot and the Pi with the thermal camera is going to be running its own software for detecting people that will send commands to the drone through the SDK. That’s why I can run the Flir duo or similar cameras. The one you sent is very cool.
That sounds outstanding.... When you get it all done, let me know. I'd be very interested in your design & final model.
Sounds very logical to separate the flight & camera operations, hadn't considered an on-board RasPI performing the role.
Best of Luck... sounds great!

That sounds outstanding.... When you get it all done, let me know. I'd be very interested in your design & final model.
Sounds very logical to separate the flight & camera operations, hadn't considered an on-board RasPI performing the role.
Thanks! Will let you know when it is done!

Mathewsw1234

Any updates? Would love to see if that all would fit into the budget.

HEy, you are talking about I'd be very interested in your design & final model. Sounds very logical to separate the flight & camera operations, hadn't considered an on-board RasPI performing the role. for this you have eto need on google.

Dr. Jambu jain

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyBanue