Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Pro with X5 no geotagging in images

Hello Scotflieger,

Is this correct ? Can we find the latitude, longitude and altitude data in every photo of the X5 ? Is the data for the altitude correct ? Because I can read 347m on your example and the altitude indication on a phantom for instance can vary.

Thanks in advance,

Bart

GPS height data can never be relied on. The 347m is well above the height I was flying (max 120m) and my elevation (approx. 57m). However, this geotag is for the JPG image, the corresponding DNG image is tagged with 116.80m which I would say is correct. Other pairs are showing a 230m difference between the 2 formats within the same flight. Other flights show a 120-130m difference. This is obviously a bug.

Edited: The lat/long for both formats is the same in every case and is accurate.

Thanks for the quick reply, Scotflieger

I'm hoping that the Inspire pro would evolve to geotags with correct altitudes. For photogrammetry purposes it is advisable that the photos will be taken at the preprogrammed (correct latitude, longitude and altitude) waypoints. This would be a leap forwards.

Bart

I hope the people from Dji are looking at this thread. Because adding the ability to have correct geotags on every photo and an fpv camera in the inspire's nose would be a major improvement. Technically this would be not a great challenge for them, but a great surplus for us (pilots)

Bart

I
I hope the people from Dji are looking at this thread. Because adding the ability to have correct geotags on every photo and an fpv camera in the inspire's nose would be a major improvement. Technically this would be not a great challenge for them, but a great surplus for us (pilots)

Bart
I have posted my observations on the DJI Driving Force forum - they should see it there. There is obviously a coding error between the tagging of the DNG and JPG images on the X5. I have used X3 JPG images before with MapsMadeEasy with good results. I plan to do some detailed imagery to quantify the issue. I have noticed (but can not yet verify) that the error is greater with higher aircraft altitudes.

Is there a way to transfer the exif data from the .dwg files to the .jpg files? Because most photogrammetry software just doesn't accept .dwg files. It would be a quick fix. In the end this is something that should work straight out of the box. Any difference between inspire 1 upgrade and inspire 1 pro or is it just the x5 FW ?

Is there a way to transfer the exif data from the .dwg files to the .jpg files? Because most photogrammetry software just doesn't accept .dwg files. It would be a quick fix. In the end this is something that should work straight out of the box. Any difference between inspire 1 upgrade and inspire 1 pro or is it just the x5 FW ?
I just came across this. For the record, batch automation in photoshop DOES retain EXIF data. So, just record an action of saving a file as a JPG, and then run that action as a batch on your folder. I often run a batch to convert to 32-bit and then 16-bit (tonemapping), and then once tonemapped, back to 8-bit for color correction, and save. And also, Agisoft Photoscan can read DNG no problem (but I am aware it is one of very few).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop