Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire speed runs

Am I missing something but shouldn't the left stick be forward too when it's going to Max speed? Not center stick?

Left stick just gives you lift up and down. Once your at your desired altitude you just use your right stick. Your left stick side to side spins the craft.

I am flying in mode 2, you might fly in mode 1 where the sticks are opposite

Reactions: SanCap
Wow I can see this is going to be different from flying a heli then! So left stick is not essentially throttle it is elevation only(well with throttle of course)... So forward stick on right will not only pitch the drone fwd but will also add throttle along with it? Is anyone else knowing what I'm getting at here...? Sorry as you can see have not bought the drone yet...

It depends on the flight controller and select flight mode. On DJI controllers only full manual mode gives you direct throttle control, other modes use the throttle stick as a vertical speed command.
On the Inspire manual mode doesn't exist, so throttle control is always indirect.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks this is what I was looking for I realize it's not collective pitch I was just meaning I figured there is just a "throttle" control input so you can control the amount of throttle separate from the "cyclic" control forward/back etc. I mean this is just basic r/c controls, so figured it would be the same....
So to clarify again, in this situation full right stick forward would be full throttle and full forward motion correct? The throttle is just added along with the forward motion in relationship of how much you push the stick? Move the stick further forward the drone tilts further forward and the throttle increases as well, correct? Thanks!

So to clarify again, in this situation full right stick forward would be full throttle and full forward motion correct?
Full forward motion yes but not "full throttle", rather "the amount of throttle required to maintain a constant altitude" (assuming you've got the "throttle" stick centered).

Thanks! I know I have went a bit off topic, but just funny that I have never really thought about the basic flight contol being different than what I'm use to... I guess this is one of the reasons that makes them so easy to fly... I wonder why they don't offer a "full manual mode" on the inspire? So do they offer it on the phantom models? Thanks again for answering these very basic "noob" questions on these drones...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool