Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire stuck in travel mode?

Reaction score
Ahh I just updated the RC before updating the Inspire, now the inspire is showing a solid blue light which means travel mode but no matter what I do to try to take it out of travel mode it doesn't work.

Please help!

Ahh I just updated the RC before updating the Inspire, now the inspire is showing a solid blue light which means travel mode but no matter what I do to try to take it out of travel mode it doesn't work.

Please help!
So you didn't bother reading the release notes then?
Please use the search function on the forum, this has been covered recently specific to the latest firmware.

Please help!
I have the same problem ....looking for a solution but no luck at this moment

Slightly similar issue for me. Yellow light is stuck on after updating to V 1.8 on Inspire 1 - indicating remote is not connecting to Inspire. Stuck in travel mode. Remote says it needs an update - when I place USB w firmware in and out - it says already updated to most current version. I try to toggle to travel mode - doesn't work. Try to push the button in app to make it go into travel mode - doesn't work. Any thoughts out there? thank you in advance. No luck on other forums.

Same issue here after rc update. Stuck in travel mode too. Anybody with same issue and how was it resolved?

Please use the search function on the forum, this has been covered recently specific to the latest firmware.
i'm sorry but we are trying to find answers on this forum but telling us to do a search doesn't help much. I have done an rc update with no issues either until today. If you know the answer or have the link to the issue, why not pass it on? Aren't we here to help each other? Does someone else have the link or title to the thread?

Thanks

i'm sorry but we are trying to find answers on this forum but telling us to do a search doesn't help much. I have done an rc update with no issues either until today. If you know the answer or have the link to the issue, why not pass it on? Aren't we here to help each other? Does someone else have the link or title to the thread?

Thanks
Yes but if you had bothered to read the release notes you would not be having this issue would you? People have to help themselves just a little.
Try having a read through the thread on the latest firmware. In that you will find instructions on how to downgrade your RC to the previous version. That will allow you to bring the aircraft out of travel mode and then you can follow the instructions and upgrade in the correct order as per the release notes distributed by DJI.
Thread HERE

Reactions: Scotflieger
Yes but if you had bothered to read the release notes you would not be having this issue would you? People have to help themselves just a little.
Try having a read through the thread on the latest firmware. In that you will find instructions on how to downgrade your RC to the previous version. That will allow you to bring the aircraft out of travel mode and then you can follow the instructions and upgrade in the correct order as per the release notes distributed by DJI.
Thread HERE
Sir, I have covered all those steps after realizing i was merely human and made a mistake. I own two P3's. I suffered from what many people get...A BRAIN FART! It happens. I teach and train in a profession that if i were to have the same response you gave, it would get someone seriously hurt or killed. As a more experienced person, I take the time to explain and teach as well as mentor the person with less experience. I came on here seeking an answer or guidance from a mentor or greatly experienced pilot. Instead, I as well as many who came here, received a scolding coupled with arrogance. Can you imagine what that does to others who joined this forum? It certainly put a bad taste in my mouth and YOU now represent this forum of one filled with a not so good attitude mixed with arrogance. Not everyone was born a great person like you. Thanks for trying to help anyways by sending the link. The scolding I didn't need as much. Enjoy your day and have safe and error free flights.

Rick

Sir, I have covered all those steps after realizing i was merely human and made a mistake. I own two P3's. I suffered from what many people get...A BRAIN FART! It happens. I teach and train in a profession that if i were to have the same response you gave, it would get someone seriously hurt or killed. As a more experienced person, I take the time to explain and teach as well as mentor the person with less experience. I came on here seeking an answer or guidance from a mentor or greatly experienced pilot. Instead, I as well as many who came here, received a scolding coupled with arrogance. Can you imagine what that does to others who joined this forum? It certainly put a bad taste in my mouth and YOU now represent this forum of one filled with a not so good attitude mixed with arrogance. Not everyone was born a great person like you. Thanks for trying to help anyways by sending the link. The scolding I didn't need as much. Enjoy your day and have safe and error free flights.

Rick

I will try and remember your salient points and make a mental note to help out more people on this forum.
I must try harder.

Reactions: STClassic01
Remote update error was my issue for inspire not connecting with remote. Long story short, I downgraded the RC update to 1.3 - then upgraded to 1.6 through the app. Fixed.

Reactions: The Editor

It has not been covered. First off I got the drone back from DJI and it was already in travel mode. The bird won't update in blue. Period.

It has not been covered. First off I got the drone back from DJI and it was already in travel mode. The bird won't update in blue. Period.
Since this is your first post on the forum how could I or anyone know that your specific circumstances are different to those outlined and experienced by other members whereby they had made the mistake of updating their remotes before their aircrafts?
And I repeat, both an Inspire stuck in travel mode per se or one specifically stuck due to people updating their remote before their aircraft has been covered on the forum.
However, for your benefit and to save you the onerous task of searching for a prior explanation:
For an Inspire not coming out of or failing to go into travel mode - Turn the Inspire upside down, then turn the landing gear wormscrew drive around 1/8 turn with a flat bladed screwdriver. This should unstick the gear and enable it to be deployed by the normal means.
If you have received the Inspire back from DJI and are unable to exit travel mode, you will need to ascertain what version of FW is on both your aircraft and your RC.
Then you will be able to follow the instructions posted via another thread on downgrading your RC firmware, which will enable you to bind with your Inspire, exit travel mode and ultimately update the aircraft FW. Period.

Reactions: STClassic01

Please help!
I have to say that i saved my Inspire today.
Only can say that if you have 2 rc will be easy. Maybe some friend can bring you if him dont update to 1.6.

My slave rc was a great when exit travel mode..... Dji take a note!! More easy than send aircraft to Netherland with rma.

If you have slave rc....with app convert to máster mode.
Then......in menú, look for exit travel mode.
And.......our aircraft go up....magic!!
Now you can put on the camera. Its time to link. Menú ,link rc and push red button inside aircraft, and button app link.
5 seconds and friends again.
Ready!! I hope a lot of pilots save your Fantastic DRONE with this rules.
Next day... A beer !!

Please help!

I would think the moderator would like to be more friendly and more helpful. Why give the guy grief for not reading or knowing that you have to update the drone first it's an easy mistake and it makes no sense that you have to do it in any order at all. It should work no matter what you update first It's a DJI issue. Try moderating with a smile. It will make everyone happier. Just my two cents

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG