Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Uk Pricing

Reaction score
Hi, I'd posted this in the phantom forum, so forgive me for reposting, but I would love to know how has DJI managed to work out the cost of the inspire in the UK, should be around £1830 mark using XE for the exchange rate against the US $, but is priced at £2380??. Basically 30% dearer this side of the pond? I know we have more VAT (20%) in this country, but where does the other 10% come from?
Would love to hear from anyone who knows why, given that the phantoms are around the same price in UK compared to US?

Thanks in advance

The extra 10% could be from the fact that the U.S. figure doesn't include Sales Tax, which is just over 8% in New York. That, and the fact that you will never get the same rate as the wholesale trading rates of xe.com, could explain the difference but I do agree that it seems to be a rip off. Firms that appear to do a lot better at managing global exchange rates (after taxes) are Apple but DJI may use an exchange rate that represents an average over the year instead of what is a more favourable rate right now.

Where are you getting that price from? Buildyourowndrone are saying that they expect it to be around the £1750 mark (I'm guessing ex VAT)

Where are you getting that price from? Buildyourowndrone are saying that they expect it to be around the £1750 mark (I'm guessing ex VAT)
Thats exactly my point, £1750 plus vat would be fine, but the DJI cost is £20 short of £2400. £1750 plus uk vat is £2100, not £2400. UK having it's pants pulled down as per usual. GRRRR.....why oh why....

I feel your pain.
In Australia we get our pants pulled down then we're bent over the counter!

US$3000 is currently AU$3428 yet if we want one we're going to have to fork out AU$4130.
That's just nasty!

I feel your pain.
In Australia we get our pants pulled down then we're bent over the counter!

US$3000 is currently AU$3428 yet if we want one we're going to have to fork out AU$4130.
That's just nasty!

Ouch! Just did the conversion and that's $700 USD more than we pay here. I guess if I took a round trip flight to Australia I could deliver one to someone at a discount and subsidize my trip slightly...hmm....;)

Ouch! Just did the conversion and that's $700 USD more than we pay here.
I was talking to the guys at my local RC shop today and he was telling me that it's DJI setting the price that high out here and there's no room for the local RC shops to move on the price :(
I guess if I took a round trip flight to Australia I could deliver one to someone at a discount and subsidize my trip slightly...hmm....;)
say the word!:D

Well that just sucks. I'll cancel my pre-order then. I can justify £2k ish but not when it starts approaching £2400.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207