Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

inspire1 v2 rollback firmware on the model !!!!

Reaction score
Hi
Sorry to do this but i just need to know how to perform a roll back from 1.9 to 1.8 on the model itself ?
I have tried to find answers everywhere but no luck , can someone just point me to where to look please .
It is my first post on here but been a member for a while and found lots of great help with other things !
I like to say i am a reasonable pilot but when computers are involved i am hopeless ,
I have had this model for over six months and never had any issues with other updates what so ever but now it seem to have a mind of its own !!
Regards
Mike

Basically, put the micro sd card in your computer and format it using the FAT 32 file system (should be set by default but check to be sure) Download the 1.8 firmware and copy and paste the "bin" file onto the micro sd card. Put the card into the Inspire and turn it on (leave the remote OFF do not turn it on). You will hear a few beeps and eventually it will settle into a series of four beeps
DDDD-DDDD-DDDD etc. This indicates that the upgrade, or in this case downgrade process has begun. This will continue for ten to twenty minutes. When the beeps change to a D-DD - D-DD - D-DD the update is complete. To confirm, remove the sd card, install in your computer and double click on the card. Along with the "bin" file you'll now see a file called "results" open this and you'll see a series of entries. If you see a "success" entry, you're good to go. I save all my success files in a folder I call Firmware updates. Remember to reformat the sd card or delete the files before using again. Good luck!

All done and seems good back on 1.8 firmware
2 battery's yesterday and all seems back to normal plus a steady heart beat !!!!
I tried to roll back a few times from 1.9 with no luck , but I read somewhere on here its best to format your SD card with it in the inspire which I did ,
That worked , loaded 1.8 straight away !
Thanks

Glad it worked out Mike! I updated to the 1.9 firmware and haven't flown yet. Then, after reading about people having issues I've gone back to 1.8. Even with the 1.9 fix I'm planning to wait and see before I update again.

Alister
Can I ask , should the firmware in the rc be the same as the i1
ie v1.9.1.30 in the i1 and v1.9.1.30 in the remote control ?

Updated i1 to latest firmware last night checked everything , all good then took it out into the field next to my house .
Lately every time I use my inspire my heart is in my mouth !
Anyway I thought **** or bust , from the moment it took off I gave it everything , it was a different machine ,crisp precise and fast it must have thought it was an fpv racer !!!
2 more new battery and flew it again properly ,
Confident with it again everything worked really smoothly , which hasn't happened for a while .
Back to the water and wake surfing !!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry