Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Insurance now the DJI Care is expired

Reaction score
So my DJI Care is gone (expired) I bought the 1st year and the renewal... It saved my bit once when a invisible fishing line was strung across and parking lot and got me.... (You couldn't have seen this string if you were right under it looking up).... I would very much like to cover my aircraft and gimbal against accidental damage and maybe loss (theft /fire). I have heard about just going to a regular insurance agent like SF or AAA and getting a personal articles policy.. but I am kinda worried about dealing with a claim if I had a loss.... What if I don't have anything to show them, ect... Any suggestions and stories of successful or horrible claims and insurance companies you could share.... Thanks!!

CWB

I2
X5S 15mm, 45mm, 14-45mm
Cendence w/patch
TB50 battery station

I used droneinsurance.com this past year. Affordable and covers liability and ground coverage which includes theft and dropping something. I'm not renewing as of yet because I'm having my I2 modified to manage thermal equipment. droneinsurance cast doubt on whether they would be able to provide coverage on a modified craft. I've been looking at other name brand companies and the price continues to go up with a $500 deductible.

Things to look out for include being a recreational flyer or coverage for commercial purposes, national or international coverage, "Admitted" or "Not Admitted" (pertains to being regulated by the state for rate hikes; and you would want Admitted) deductibles. Everything else on the cover seems to be standard lingo.

I'd like to hear what you go with or find. One application I find out for a quote was good for like 15 insurance companies but they wanted close to $3000 a year for coverage.

Matt

St.Farm. Call a local agent and ask them about their policies.
Get the details. If who you talk to doesn’t know the answers, call a different agent. It does help if you already have some type of policy with them for other coverage.

I use below agent. Deals specifically with Aero Industry. He will selling you a policy via Aero-Global which I believe is not a direct Underwriter, but divides over different % over different Underwriters. No claims yet, so can't comment on ease payout.

Also, I seen State Farm listed. Are you looking for Commercial or Hobbyist coverage? I thought State Farm only covered for Hobbyist currently?

Joe Ernster
Bullock Agency, Inc
2005 Fairfax Rd.
St. Charles, IL 60174
Office- 630-377-9499
Cell- 630-864-7979
Fax- 866-871-0375
Email- [email protected]
www.BullockAgency.com

I spoke with a SF agent, they might have a better price with home, auto discounts. Biz liability and drone was sky high, (ha ha).
I checked out SkyWatch, $2 million liability and individual deductibles for airframe and camera. About half SF, for a yearly policy.
I decided to go with a month to month policy, increase of 10 to 15 % over the yearly.
They offer hourly rates but aircraft coverage is not available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop