Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Interesting Article: no 333 exemption possibility

Reaction score
Website
www.airnashville.net
Just finished reading this article:

Bill That Exempts Small Consumer Drones From FAA Regulations Moves Forward

If passed it would eliminate FAA regulation of UAVs <4.4lbs and, that would mean that anyone could commercially benefit from employment using such a UAV under the restrictions in place, without a 333 exemption. I wonder if this would reshape the industry?

Reactions: SanCap
True but, the P3P is way under that and could do what 90% of what most customers need. I can't help but wonder if that wouldn't be a huge stimulus in this market to try to engineer towards that 4.4lbs goal?

Time will tell, I might have to put my Inspire on a diet. I wonder if this Bill does get adopted will we see a lot of Inspires for sale?

I don't think the FAA will let micro UAS go that freely and I don't think they should. Micro UAS are the ones making the news every week.

At a minimum, a written proficiency test should be required to demonstrate knowledge or airspace. And just like the current blanket COA, they should be subject to a 200ft AGL ceiling, 500ft from non-participating persons, 5 mile limit from any airfield.

Meanwhile, section 333 holders who have played by the rules should have some leniency applied. PPL VFR written exam only for PIC. New blanket COA should provide:
  • 400ft AGL ceiling.
  • Night ops (high visibility strobes required).
  • 100ft from non-participating persons.
  • NOTAM only, no POA approval required.
  • Upon successful notification, 1 mile radius from airfields up to 100ft, 2 mile up to 200ft including in class C and D.

I dont think the P3P will be able to do 90 percent of the market. Not with the cam it uses. At least in the arena we will be in. It will be tough to get a capable camera, battery and rig that will do quality imaging for commercial purposes under that weight range. Most contractors, developers I have talked to regarding construction updates, progress imaging will not be accepting gopro type imagery...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk