Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iOS GO App - Selecting HDR, AEB and Timed Shots

Reaction score
Website
www.moraysky.co.uk
Can anyone explain how to select the HDR, AEB and timed shot options available with the latest iOS GO app 2.0.0? I have seen this screenshot but I cannot find how to call it up.

I solved my question by a little experimentation. SEE DETAILED DESCRIPTION BELOW

shutter.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, just hold down the shutter button in the app when in photo mode.
Bottom of page 41 in the latest User Manual..

Last edited:
Reactions: Scotflieger
Yes, I had the same issue with the HDR being greyed out.
I deleted and re-installed the App which seemed to clear the error..
Maybe I could have shut down the Ipad and rebooted to achieve the same result.

Reactions: Scotflieger
To help other forum members, here is a guide to using the Timed Shot, Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), Multiple Shot and High Dynamic Range (HDR) still photography options available in DJI GO app.

Selecting Still Modes - In the GO app, select the Stills Camera with the slider and then press and hold to Shutter button for 2-3 seconds. This display the options 'semi-circle' options menu below. Tapping in the middle of the semi-circle closes the menu and changes the shutter button to reflect the selected option.

MulitMode- - 1.jpg

Single Shot - tap the top rectangle option. Press the App or RC Shutter buttons to take an single image.

HDR - tap the HDR option. Press the App or RC Shutter buttons to take a High Dynamic Range (HDR) image. You will hear a single shutter sound. If the option is greyed out, close and quit the GO app by double-pushing the iPad HOME button and sliding the GO app screen icon to the top of the screen.

Multiple Shots - tap the 3 rectangles option and select 3, 5 or 7 shots. Press the App or RC Shutter buttons to take the selected number of images is very rapid succession. Ideal to fast moving subjects.

AEB Shots - tap the hatched 3 rectangles option and select 3 or 5 shots. Press the App or RC Shutter buttons to take the selected number of images is quick succession. For 3 shots, the first will be taken at the set exposure, the second under exposed by 1 stop (1EV) and the third under exposed by 1 stop (1EV). The images would need to processed in Photoshop (or similar software) to produce the final image.

Timed Shots - tap the bottom timer option and select 5s, 7s, 10s, 20s or 30s intervals. The 5s and 7s are only available in JPEG mode. Press the App or RC Shutter buttons to take the first images. Subsequent images are taken automatically at the set interval. The camera image blinks briefly as each image is taken, there is no shutter sound. Press the Shutter button to cancel the sequence.

Switching to Video Mode - to switch Video mode you need to first select Single Shot still mode before you can slide the slider switch from Still to Video on the App display.

I hope users find this useful. It is this detail that should appear in the user manual instead of the single throwaway line in v1.4.

Last edited:
Great info! Thanks. One correction - or maybe update - I just tested it out and I can actually switch to HDR and leave it in that still mode, while still toggling back to video. It was still in HDR mode when I came back after shutting down the I1. Which is great, knowing that HDR is waiting for me as my default still setting.

To help other forum members, here is a guide to using the Timed Shot, Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB), Multiple Shot and High Dynamic Range (HDR) still photography options available in DJI GO app.

Selecting Still Modes - In the GO app, select the Stills Camera with the slider and then press and hold to Shutter button for 2-3 seconds. This display the options 'semi-circle' options menu below. Tapping in the middle of the semi-circle closes the menu and changes the shutter button to reflect the selected option.

View attachment 3192

Single Shot - tap the top rectangle option. Press the App or RC Shutter buttons to take an single image.

HDR - tap the HDR option. Press the App or RC Shutter buttons to take a High Dynamic Range (HDR) image. You will hear a single shutter sound. If the option is greyed out, close and quit the GO app by double-pushing the iPad HOME button and sliding the GO app screen icon to the top of the screen.

Multiple Shots - tap the 3 rectangles option and select 3, 5 or 7 shots. Press the App or RC Shutter buttons to take the selected number of images is very rapid succession. Ideal to fast moving subjects.

AEB Shots - tap the hatched 3 rectangles option and select 3 or 5 shots. Press the App or RC Shutter buttons to take the selected number of images is quick succession. For 3 shots, the first will be taken at the set exposure, the second under exposed by 1 stop (1EV) and the third under exposed by 1 stop (1EV). The images would need to processed in Photoshop (or similar software) to produce the final image.

Timed Shots - tap the bottom timer option and select 5s, 7s, 10s, 20s or 30s intervals. The 5s and 7s are only available in JPEG mode. Press the App or RC Shutter buttons to take the first images. Subsequent images are taken automatically at the set interval. The camera image blinks briefly as each image is taken, there is no shutter sound. Press the Shutter button to cancel the sequence.

Switching to Video Mode - to switch Video mode you need to first select Single Shot still mode before you can slide the slider switch from Still to Video on the App display.

I hope users find this useful. It is this detail that should appear in the user manual instead of the single throwaway line in v1.4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth