Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iPad Air 2 with Inspire 1

Reaction score
Is the iPad Air 2 too cumbersome for the Inspire controller...too large?

anyone using one?

How does it work without a shade?

If a shade is used, which shade?

Answers would be very much appreciated.

Hi, I'm using an Air 2, I don't find it too cumbersome, and I like the bigger screen, no shade at the moment. But I was looking at this one; http://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Sunshade-Inspire-Transmitter-Controller/dp/B00TK83YGK/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1424475304&sr=8-12&keywords=ipad sunshade

I like the idea of velcro, there are some shades that use magnets to hold the shade onto the I1, I wouldn't personally.

I have that Velcro shade it does jack. It's slightly too wide on the iPad air2 and lets a lot of light in... I prefer no shade to that & just adjust the screen brightness with the inspire RC. But I'm going to make one of these but extent the length to my head pretty much, it looks like it will keep out all the light

http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/the-4-sunshade-tutorial-video.1300/#post-13661

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I use an iPad air 2. I took a cereal box and made a shade for it by covering it with grey tape. Works great.

I literally have my coat on right now about to go buy an air 2. Never been a fan of android and if dji recommends air 2 that's what I'm going with for sure. I like iMovie and iPhoto also. Good editing right on the tablet. Hopefully will eliminate having to edit on a computer for smaller jobs..only downfall is they're so **** expensive. Oh well.

I have an Ipad Air2.... just no Inspire yet. It was supposed to be here yesterday vis UPS, however, ..we have had some crappy weather with snow and ice. DELAYED. Love the Air2, and hoping to love my I1.

Reactions: OnAnotherLevel
I literally have my coat on right now about to go buy an air 2. Never been a fan of android and if dji recommends air 2 that's what I'm going with for sure. I like iMovie and iPhoto also. Good editing right on the tablet. Hopefully will eliminate having to edit on a computer for smaller jobs..only downfall is they're so **** expensive. Oh well.

I'm using Air2. If possible, dedicate it just to being your monitor. I really like it, but the glare is an issue. There is a guy on YouTube who made a great hood if you're a DIY person.

air2 that i am using is the best. i have android sony z2 and the system is just not as smooth as apple. its not too big for the air 2 for my friend has ipad mini and he is complaining its too small and gonna upgrade.

I'm using Air2. If possible, dedicate it just to being your monitor. I really like it, but the glare is an issue. There is a guy on YouTube who made a great hood if you're a DIY person.

Grandad,

Why do you suggest to keep it dedicated only as a monitor?

I plan on using it solely for the inspire. I do want to showcase my work on it for potential clients to view. Seems like a great way to advertise. I am determined to make a full time job out of this (although it may be too fun to be called a job)...I'm tired of the oil field!

The more apps you have running in the background, the less resources you have available for the pilot app. The Air2 has an A8 processor, which is currently the fastest, but every lit bit helps. It's just "cleaner".
Except for a few Apple apps like the clock/alarm app, there really aren't apps running in the background. When you double push the home button it's not showing the apps running in the background, it's just showing an app history. All of those apps aren't actually running. There is no need to have an iPad dedicated for the Inspire.​

Please advise what is different from the new hoodvision padhat Air (for air 2). I ordered on Friday after talking customers service and they didn't meention a special version for the Inspire 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips