Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Ipad Charging Whilst Flying

Reaction score
Hi

I asking this question as I am unable to find a definitive answer with my somewhat defective forum search skills.

We use iPad Minis primarily for commercial work but am finding that iPad battery life is depleting faster than we would like when conducting our surveys, is there an adapter cable or device available that would allow the iPad to be charged whilst the drone is still in flight?

Thanks in advance and regards
Peter

The i1 controller will only charge devices up to a certain power. I use a 9.7" iPad Pro, and it doesn't charge. Have tried an LG G6 test phone (5.5" display) that I use for work out of interest, and that one does charge from the controller.
Maybe try and fix one of those Li-Po battery packs to the underside of the controller to charge your iPad Mini? Will make the whole controller a bit heavier, but one solution at least...
PS No option that I have seen on the i1 for telling the controller to charge / not charge your display.

The i1 controller will only charge devices up to a certain power. I use a 9.7" iPad Pro, and it doesn't charge. Have tried an LG G6 test phone (5.5" display) that I use for work out of interest, and that one does charge from the controller.
Maybe try and fix one of those Li-Po battery packs to the underside of the controller to charge your iPad Mini? Will make the whole controller a bit heavier, but one solution at least...
PS No option that I have seen on the i1 for telling the controller to charge / not charge your display.
No, but if you root your device you can have that option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla