Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is the iphone / ipad supposed to charge from contoller?

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been for a few flights with my new Inspire and one issue I am coming across is that the battery in connected iPhone or ipad gets chewed up real fast, even when connected to the controller via lightning cable. I would have thought the controller would have charged / powered the ipad also? or is that wishful thinking?

Do other controllers (ie Samsung etc) charge when connected? Are there any settings to enable the controller to charge apple products?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Hi All,

Been for a few flights with my new Inspire and one issue I am coming across is that the battery in connected iPhone or ipad gets chewed up real fast, even when connected to the controller via lightning cable. I would have thought the controller would have charged / powered the ipad also? or is that wishful thinking?

Do other controllers (ie Samsung etc) charge when connected? Are there any settings to enable the controller to charge apple products?

No......and yes!

The remote only allows for 500mA at 5v via the USB and so this is insufficient to charge most up to date iOS and Android devices which require >2A.
Having said that, the 500mA will trickle charge or 'top up' the device in most cases and although the tablet will not go into a full state of charge it should effectively slow down the depletion rate somewhat.

Hi All,

I use an iPad air 2 wifi only , typically when it's 100% charged it uses about 5% for an 18 minute flight ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverBaez