Is GPS free on iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Do you have to pay for GPS on your iPad? I was wondering if I have to pay the monthly cellular fee on a iPad Pro in order to get GPS...

yes or the tablet need to be hooked to WiFi.

I use my phone as a hotspot to use my Tab S2 to get data

Do you have to pay for GPS on your iPad? I was wondering if I have to pay the monthly cellular fee on a iPad Pro in order to get GPS...
All GPS signals are free satilites and no cellular service required, you just need a GPS receiver. Your DJI has built in GPS that locks in during boot up.

Early iPhone & iPads required cellular / wireless to locate GPS... thst’s why iPhones weren’t any good outside in country with out cellular. That changed with iPhone 6 series.

Apple included GPS in the Cellular + Wireless model and did not include GPS in the Wireless model. You don’t need cellular service activated on an iPad to use GPS.

You can turn off cellular, wireless & Bluetooth and GPS will locate like any GPS. NOTE... if you don’t have maps preloaded for your area, it won’t show maps, just a location dot. Regular GPS has full pre-loaded maps... such as Garmin systems. Bicycle computers often have GPS to map & record the ride data,

I use an iPad mini cellular with no cellular service for Inspire RC, download all the maps for google, and/or grab an navigation app that preloads the maps. Use a Android Phone never activated for my Mavic screen, all Androids have built in GPS too.

Thank you very much for all that useful info.

Status
Not open for further replies.