Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is GPS free on iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Do you have to pay for GPS on your iPad? I was wondering if I have to pay the monthly cellular fee on a iPad Pro in order to get GPS...

Do you have to pay for GPS on your iPad? I was wondering if I have to pay the monthly cellular fee on a iPad Pro in order to get GPS...
All GPS signals are free satilites and no cellular service required, you just need a GPS receiver. Your DJI has built in GPS that locks in during boot up.

Early iPhone & iPads required cellular / wireless to locate GPS... thst’s why iPhones weren’t any good outside in country with out cellular. That changed with iPhone 6 series.

Apple included GPS in the Cellular + Wireless model and did not include GPS in the Wireless model. You don’t need cellular service activated on an iPad to use GPS.

You can turn off cellular, wireless & Bluetooth and GPS will locate like any GPS. NOTE... if you don’t have maps preloaded for your area, it won’t show maps, just a location dot. Regular GPS has full pre-loaded maps... such as Garmin systems. Bicycle computers often have GPS to map & record the ride data,

I use an iPad mini cellular with no cellular service for Inspire RC, download all the maps for google, and/or grab an navigation app that preloads the maps. Use a Android Phone never activated for my Mavic screen, all Androids have built in GPS too.

All GPS signals are free satilites and no cellular service required, you just need a GPS receiver. Your DJI has built in GPS that locks in during boot up.

Early iPhone & iPads required cellular / wireless to locate GPS... thst’s why iPhones weren’t any good outside in country with out cellular. That changed with iPhone 6 series.

Apple included GPS in the Cellular + Wireless model and did not include GPS in the Wireless model. You don’t need cellular service activated on an iPad to use GPS.

You can turn off cellular, wireless & Bluetooth and GPS will locate like any GPS. NOTE... if you don’t have maps preloaded for your area, it won’t show maps, just a location dot. Regular GPS has full pre-loaded maps... such as Garmin systems. Bicycle computers often have GPS to map & record the ride data,

I use an iPad mini cellular with no cellular service for Inspire RC, download all the maps for google, and/or grab an navigation app that preloads the maps. Use a Android Phone never activated for my Mavic screen, all Androids have built in GPS too.
Thank you very much for all that useful info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SUPER-WEB-DEVELOPMENT-LLP