Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

is inspire 1 trustworthy ?

Reaction score
i m planing to buy a second hand i1 pro but im afraid of having issues with the i1 because i had dji drones that had problems during flight like getting ot of control , flying some where else or fail in the mid flight or RC gets crazy. does any one had a problem with the inspire 1? im thinking that this was a prosumer drone so they might made this model so good it wont have any problems for decades ? but it is an old drone and i dont realy trust old dji models.

I flew an I1 for years (now use only my I2). Sold it last Fall since I simply never used it. The I1 has always been a great unit. I never had a fly away or weird flight. In fact I have had a few crashes that required repair with the I2, and NEVER had an issue or crash with the I1. The power and features of the I2 are simply much better than the I1. I use the Cendence and Crystalsky and the CS simply does not work well with the I1. The biggest problem you will have with the I1 (and any early UAS) is getting support AND batteries. I1 batteries are not made by DJI or anyone else. I had 6 when I sold my unit and that added a lot of value to the customer. No UAS (aka drone) will continue to work for decades. Just cannot happen. And no one would want that drone. The features of the new ones are often really great and worth the upgrades. And of course the camera quality is the most important thing to consider. The newer ones are smaller and better by a long ways. My 2 bits....

Reactions: Helicek Ahmet
I fly mine every week and have for years. That said, after roughly 6 years of weekly use I lost one about 6 months ago. I believe this was due to massive WiFi interference and not due to any kind of Inspire 1 failure.

Very reliable with the right firmware and Go App.

Part I

Part II

D

Last edited:
I've got 3 Inspire 1s that fly fine after all these years, two upgraded with big anti-vibe board and gear tips for a ZenMuse X5, and one was bought as a refurbished V2. None of my DJI drones have behaved like yours have for you.

The Inspires will keep going problem free as long as there are batteries. None of my batteries will do much more than 15 minutes, have had them for four years.

They're the most badass looking and sounding drones, IMHO, real machines with carbon-fiber props. I enjoy keeping their batteries cycled...

Batteries are available on Amazon and other places, pair of new TB48s for $568.

If a Mavic flies by or is sitting one the ground, some people think it's a toy, but the Inspires look like real drones.

If you've got a ZenMuse X5 with full-sized optics, adjustable aperture, and big sensor, it can make you say Wow if you see the video on a big 4K monitor...

Enjoy yours...

Reactions: Helicek Ahmet
/i m planing to buy a second hand i1 pro but im afraid of having issues with the i1 because i had dji drones that had problems during flight liknever had to turn down e getting ot of control , flying some where else or fail in the mid flight or RC gets crazy. does any one had a problem with the inspire 1? im thinking that this was a pri1'sosumer drone so they might made this model so good it wont have any problems for decades ? but it is an old drone and i dont realy trust old dji models.
I have two I1's one V2 and 1 pro. They are perfect machines and still offer a lot of value. I you fly for $$$ like I do, they still get the job done. I have never had to turn down a job, because I flew I1's. What are you looking to pay for the one your considering?

Last edited:
I purchased an Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition a couple of months ago. It’s been working flawlessly so far. Batteries are the main issue I see right now. Fortunately my batteries are working great right now. There are people working on mods for a different battery. I purchased it because it was a great deal and I liked being able to switch camera lenses. Trying to get ready for retirement and my next career. Wanted to get a professional drone to get ready with.

i m planing to buy a second hand i1 pro but im afraid of having issues with the i1 because i had dji drones that had problems during flight like getting ot of control , flying some where else or fail in the mid flight or RC gets crazy. does any one had a problem with the inspire 1? im thinking that this was a prosumer drone so they might made this model so good it wont have any problems for decades ? but it is an old drone and i dont realy trust old dji models.
You can buy a 9000Mah battery with a dji head, basically getting the flying time of an Inspire 2. Get it here. SHOP | Air America Aerial
I’ve owned 2 Inspire 1s with the X5 camera and never looked back. I was a photographer before becoming a drone pilot and the 4/3 sensor in the X5 is awesome.

I just got started with drones 4 months ago with an Inspire 1. I bought it because of the good reviews and I could get one cheap compared to the newer drones. I use it to look after our farm and woods. it can cover the distance well, and give me a lot of options with cameras (zoom, thermal). I would suggest one if you are on a budget and like to tinker with your drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg