Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is it possible to pull current version firmware bin file off of the inspire?

Reaction score
My SD failed for some reason and i had to reformat it, is there any way i could get the bin file back on it for the version currently installed on my inspire? Im running an old version and i neglected to save the file on my pc after i transferred it to the SD card to install it. Thanks

You need the previous firmware .bin file? Not the one that just come out? Correct? That should be on the DJI Website. They now have the current firmware and the one previous available for download.

You need the previous firmware .bin file? Not the one that just come out? Correct? That should be on the DJI Website. They now have the current firmware and the one previous available for download.
no, im running version 1.2.0.17 from back around january or so. I spose i really dont need it, but they do recommend keeping the bin file on the sd card. Ive been flying for over a month without it on there with zero issues however, but I wouldnt mind having a copy of it if possible just in case for when it becomes possible to revert to older versions of firmware.

I have copies of the following firmware versions saved but don't have dropbox account so you'll have to let me know how i can get them to you - assuming you still want them?

WM610_FW_V01.02.00.16.bin
WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin
WM610_FW_V01.02.01.00.bin
WM610_FW_V01.02.01.03.bin
WM610_FW_V01.02.01.06.bin

There is no reason to keep it now really. Why it's advised to have it on the card is so that when you plug in an outdated battery it gets updated, but by now you'll certainly have updated all yours and any you might buy nowadays would already have more recent FW anyway...

no, im running version 1.2.0.17 from back around january or so. I spose i really dont need it, but they do recommend keeping the bin file on the sd card. Ive been flying for over a month without it on there with zero issues however, but I wouldnt mind having a copy of it if possible just in case for when it becomes possible to revert to older versions of firmware.
You will never be able to roll back to firmware that old.
The roll back feature will only allow v1.2.1.06 forwards I'm afraid.

Never say never! I'm confident someone will create a program to make it possible. Can't really be that hard if you have a computer and programming knowledge. It's just loading the software into a hardware memory chip. Create a program that formats the chip and then load whatever version you want back on. a few people probably already have but just haven't leaked the program to the public yet. If dji keeps screwing things up and adding more restrictions it's bound to happen sooner or later. Or maybe they just hack the new versions and customize them, which would work as well. Then you can keep improvements and dump unwanted behavior.

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Presuming the OP is still using the version of Pilot App that was in use at the time of the 1.2.0.17 fw and does not auto-update the app then it is feasible he can stick to this firmware for as long as he wants.

Also, assuming he can still get his hands on batteries (or other updatable components) that don't already have a newer fw version, he can still use the older bin files to bring them in line with his current setup.

If he upgrades his Pilot App to the DJI Go app then he'll be forced to upgrade to the latest fw and will be given the option to regress to 1.2.1.06

Sultan, whilst I agree it is unlikely you'll have need for it, I have Opened a Dropbox account just for you and the files can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hsqrgc2qsv5nf2s/AACGuEomvIk5Dhm1o9FkdjLja?dl=0

Reactions: Tj_
Presuming the OP is still using the version of Pilot App that was in use at the time of the 1.2.0.17 fw and does not auto-update the app then it is feasible he can stick to this firmware for as long as he wants.

Also, assuming he can still get his hands on batteries (or other updatable components) that don't already have a newer fw version, he can still use the older bin files to bring them in line with his current setup.

If he upgrades his Pilot App to the DJI Go app then he'll be forced to upgrade to the latest fw and will be given the option to regress to 1.2.1.06

Sultan, whilst I agree it is unlikely you'll have need for it, I have Opened a Dropbox account just for you and the files can be found here:

Thank you sir. May not ever need it but I'd rather have and not need than need and not have!

Thank you for posting all of these! I greatly appreciate it. I'll create some mirrors so we can always find them if links go dead or missing.

Here's a media fire mirror of firmwares.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/96pckewrdw2b2/Firmware

And here's a personal server link.

http://dronesomething.com/firmware/inspire-1

Providing DJI does not release a mandatory update.

Providing DJI does not release a mandatory update.
Impossible to force one on anyone. Even If they care and add something to a future app that disables the bird if there's a new update available simply flying with a device with no internet will bypass it. They don't care anyway, they aren't the faa, they are a Chinese company.

Impossible to force one on anyone. Even If they care and add something to a future app that disables the bird if there's a new update available simply flying with a device with no internet will bypass it. They don't care anyway, they aren't the faa, they are a Chinese company.
DJI very much wants consumers doing updates.

I have copies of the following firmware versions saved but don't have dropbox account so you'll have to let me know how i can get them to you - assuming you still want them?

WM610_FW_V01.02.00.16.bin
WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin
WM610_FW_V01.02.01.00.bin
WM610_FW_V01.02.01.03.bin
WM610_FW_V01.02.01.06.bin
Get a look at this.You can send 2GB without any registration.And it.s free. WeTransfer
Works great.All you need is a e-mail to send.Never had any trouble with it
Here is the English version: WeTransfer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth