Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is it something I’m doing wrong?

Mine is doing the same thing, ever since the last firmware update. I used dji assistant 2 to downgrade the firmware, and it started working again. After I got it working, I upgraded the firmware to the current version, and it seems to still be working. I don't think it is fixed, so I just locked the landing gear so it doesn't raise. I will keep it like this until something is figured out.

But I hear a click when the landing gear is toggled by the Remote or Manually by pushing the power button over 5 times in rapid succession. Of course I can’t hear it over the props when it Automatically tries to retract but the app does announce the Landing gear raising or lowering.

But I hear a click when the landing gear is toggled by the Remote or Manually by pushing the power button over 5 times in rapid succession. Of course I can’t hear it over the props when it Automatically tries to retract but the app does announce the Landing gear raising or lowering.
The worm gear that controls the up and down movement of the landing gear has its electronic drive located on top of the middle part of the I2. Lots of I2 owners have had this problem. In most cases it turns out to be a burned out FET (field effect transistor) located in the middle part drive. It seems like this failure is caused by the worm gear binding or the landing gear being raised and lowered on a high friction surface. I ordered a new middle part from a vendor in Texas and replaced it. I always hold mine up now with the body when lowering the legs to attach the camera. I also use a dry lube one the worm gear as needed and check it for binding. No more problems now. I hope this helps as I feel that DJI has figured out that the FET did not have enough current rating to withstand the drag sometimes placed on this part.

Reactions: Casey53
Have you tried to turn the bottom servo screw to see if it is binding up?

Mine wasn't working this AM and I thought "Crap! Now something else is broken!" But once I turned it (It was really tight!), it's working as it should. Glad I didn't push my luck and burn out the servo. Too bad DJI didn't provide a little bit of slop before it binds up tight.

I need to find a good lube for the thing.

Reactions: Expy
the guys on the Inspire 2 Facebook page also had the same recommendation as Casey53. All works great now, Thank You!

I did make sure I had the correct screwdriver and it was tight.
I also followed DJI's grease recommendation, plastic safe and no oil.

The hobby shop guy sold me a tube of some molybdenum powder and a brush to paint it on the screw. I used another brush and a cleaner to get the old lube off the bottom of the what looks like a white nylon washer. Even with the dry powder, it still can get tight in the down position though.

Someone made some rubber O-ring out of a grommet to fit where it bottoms out to stop the binding. I've been thinking about cutting out a circle of wax paper (with a slit to get it past the screw) and seeing if it will keep it from binding up. Too bad DJI didn't design the screw-drive motor's program to back it off maybe a quarter of a turn once it hits bottom. I made a custom fitting screwdriver so I can give it the necessary one-quarter counter-clockwise turn now as it seems to want to tighten more when starting up or landing leading to the bind-up. Understandable why the motor burns itself out with the binding up as I thought I was going to break the screwdriver trying to unbind it.

I've read where some use a paste lube called Frogs from the local gun shop too. Less messy maybe.

The hobby shop guy sold me a tube of some molybdenum powder and a brush to paint it on the screw. I used another brush and a cleaner to get the old lube off the bottom of the what looks like a white nylon washer. Even with the dry powder, it still can get tight in the down position though.

Someone made some rubber O-ring out of a grommet to fit where it bottoms out to stop the binding. I've been thinking about cutting out a circle of wax paper (with a slit to get it past the screw) and seeing if it will keep it from binding up. Too bad DJI didn't design the screw-drive motor's program to back it off maybe a quarter of a turn once it hits bottom. I made a custom fitting screwdriver so I can give it the necessary one-quarter counter-clockwise turn now as it seems to want to tighten more when starting up or landing leading to the bind-up. Understandable why the motor burns itself out with the binding up as I thought I was going to break the screwdriver trying to unbind it.

I've read where some use a paste lube called Frogs from the local gun shop too. Less messy maybe.
Thanks. I have not yet had a problem with this mechanism on my I2, but "an ounce of prevention..." seems prudent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379