Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is It Worth Going From A Mavic To The Inspire? ?

Reaction score
Hello,
I am thinking about trading my Mavic Pro with 3 bats for a an inspire with someone and would like to know if it’s worth it to go from the mavic to the inspire with x3 camera?

to be honest it all really depends on what you intend to use it for. the Mavic is by far more compact and has longer flight time, but also gets blown around in the wind easier.
the inspire is bigger, less time in the air. but by far better in the air. also running a dual remote gives the 2nd person full control over the camera for better shots

for size comparison this is my Mavic an Inspire, also their backpack carry cases behind
24020172_1876831259011753_1316474048_n.jpg

How good is the x3 camera compared to the mavic, over or under rated?

like i said kinda depends on what it will be used for. can check the specs and compare on DJI's site. but also the inspire can get the X5 which pro level

Dual remote possible on the Mavic to. I have both, buth I think the mavic do the job in normal wind conditions. Mavic is even more better to stay in place. Inspire I drifts a little. I like both. But inspire is more impressive for the clients and with X5 better in image to. My advise : both if you can effort it.

I have an I1, I2 and Mavic.

In my opinion video shot on the I1 and X3 camera is far better than the Mavic in terms of stability and colour depth. Whilst I love the portability of the Mavic I would never use it on a commercial job as I’m sure my clients would complain about the muddy footage and lack of stability in windy conditions.

I was planning on getting a 107 I have a few friends in real estate who have asked and I would use it to fly around also.
for real estate use the inspire, Steady and strong. Professional quality. Mavic Great quality but just a bit under par for Real estate work.

for real estate use the inspire, Steady and strong. Professional quality. Mavic Great quality but just a bit under par for Real estate work.

+1 on this. If you intend to get into real estate work you are not going to benefit much from the X3 over the Mavic Pro sensor. You would need to step up the X5 to reap the real benefit of moving to an Inspire.

Hi I had the Inspre 1 with the x3 camera and the Mavic, I did tonnes of a/b testing and really couldn’t see any real difference between the two with the exception of the Mavic needing a few more tweaks in post. A lot of soul searching and worrying about clients, I decided to upgrade to the X5. Then after a reality check sold both inspires and went for an easy life and just kept the Mavic. Clients are still very happy with the quality and are now more amazed about how small and capable the drone is.

I have the Mavic Pro, P4P and the I2 x7, doing real estate and other gigs. I find a purpose for all of them. The Mavic is really great when you need to be quiet, like doing sunrise images in a residential neighborhood. However, don't pull the Mavic out (or the Phantom) when you are doing that 3 million dollar property, or you won't get another.
I do prefer that Mavic indoors though.

Reactions: Omega Flight
cameras are about the same, and no idea on the state farm. I live in Cali, and they dont offer the drone insurance here

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you here. Though the cameras share the same sensor and processing, the glass on the front of the Inspire X3 is much better than that of the Mavic. I have actually used the X3 for feature film. I would never use the Mavic for that. The X3 has a wider dynamic range, too. If you closely examine comparable footage, you will see much more chromatic aberrations and lens distortion in the Mavic lens. The X3 isn't a perfect camera by any stretch, but it's good enough for feature film work....barely good enough, but good enough none-the-less.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaRqz379