Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is It Worth Going From A Mavic To The Inspire? ?

With all due respect, I have to disagree with you here. Though the cameras share the same sensor and processing, the glass on the front of the Inspire X3 is much better than that of the Mavic. I have actually used the X3 for feature film. I would never use the Mavic for that. The X3 has a wider dynamic range, too. If you closely examine comparable footage, you will see much more chromatic aberrations and lens distortion in the Mavic lens. The X3 isn't a perfect camera by any stretch, but it's good enough for feature film work....barely good enough, but good enough none-the-less.

My thoughts exactly. Whilst the X3 isn’t a great camera it does hold up well in good light. In contrast, I have yet to shoot anything decent on the Mavic which lacks crisp focus on the periphery of the lens and suffers from an even lower dynamic range with muddy & less accurate colours.

If portability & battery life are your top priority, choose Mavic. If stability & image quality matter to you then choose the Inspire 1, or if budget permits, the Inspire 2 X5S or X7.

My thoughts exactly. Whilst the X3 isn’t a great camera it does hold up well in good light. In contrast, I have yet to shoot anything decent on the Mavic which lacks crisp focus on the periphery of the lens and suffers from an even lower dynamic range with muddy & less accurate colours.

If portability & battery life are your top priority, choose Mavic. If stability & image quality matter to you then choose the Inspire 1, or if budget permits, the Inspire 2 X5S or X7.

Agreed. I'd like to add that I originally purchased the Mavic as a toy, but have found that it's perfect for real estate, which is a market I all but abandoned because I didn't deem it worth breaking out the Inspire 1 and endure all the lookie-loos. Conversely, the Mavic deploys in about a minute and nobody notices it. The images and video are "good enough" for real estate. So far my clients have been very happy with the footage and photos. Now I can justify a $200 gig on my day off whereas before it was just too much crap to deal with with the large, loud, obtrusive Inspire 1. Even the old Phantom 1 drew too much attention. Most people don't even see the Mavic. Win = me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips