Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is the v2 motor with the upgrade?

Reaction score
I have an I1 v1. Just bought an X5. Is the v2 motor with the upgrade? Certainly not at $250 a motor. But what at $50 a motor? Thanks.

I had the v1 pro with the x5 and managed to get a i1 v2.0 with the z3, I put the x5 camera on it and didn’t notice much difference but they are bigger motors and the later ones so come with the better prop locks,

I had the v1 pro with the x5 and managed to get a i1 v2.0 with the z3, I put the x5 camera on it and didn’t notice much difference but they are bigger motors and the later ones so come with the better prop locks,
motors are the same sizes externally and the prop mounts can be swapped between the two. ive had both as well

motors are the same sizes externally and the prop mounts can be swapped between the two. ive had both as well
I think he means bigger as in KV rating rather than physical size which are both 3510's
The jump from KV350 to 420 just isn't worth the effort as the perceived increase is more marketing than actual performance.
The V2's simply swing faster for a given voltage (which is the same) and the prop size and chord are identical on both machines.

I think he means bigger as in KV rating rather than physical size which are both 3510's
The jump from KV350 to 420 just isn't worth the effort as the perceived increase is more marketing than actual performance.
The V2's simply swing faster for a given voltage (which is the same) and the prop size and chord are identical on both machines.
i would do the upgrade if the old motors have a lot of fly time just because your removing them anyways

the motors are better in the i1 v1 craft since i v2 about 1/4 pounds heavier no lie i weighed every component between both crafts very sad [emoji20]

I had a v1 aircraft then changed the motors to v2, the aircraft had the battery mod to it when it was on v1 and v2. The v2 motors with the battery mod made a huge difference, to be honest it was close to the power of my current i2 with no battery mod. The i1 without the battery mod there was not much difference between the v1 motors and v2 motors.

I had a v1 aircraft then changed the motors to v2, the aircraft had the battery mod to it when it was on v1 and v2. The v2 motors with the battery mod made a huge difference, to be honest it was close to the power of my current i2 with no battery mod. The i1 without the battery mod there was not much difference between the v1 motors and v2 motors.
What battery mod is this?

Probably like the one CruzRoy worked on at the end of the day u get redundant power but add weights to the acft possibility for throwing of the CG if they could get the lipo cell to about 1/4 percent of their weight then were in business there out there but not available to public.

The battery mod was only done on the i1, never did one on the i2. But even with the added weight and v2 motors and batt mod on i1 that thing would move and serious power to handle wind and power would not decrease when getting below say 60%. It still had lots of climbing power even right down to 15%. Most likely due to the secondary batteries not draining at the same rate as main battery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry