Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Is there a system to control inspire over the internet?

Reaction score
Former inspire one owner here. I'm looking into getting another drone soon and was wondering if a 4G dongle can be connected upto an inspire one or inspire 2 drone for internet control.

I want to be able to control the drone from my PC or tablet through the mobile phone (Cell Phone) 4G network and live stream the video to my device through the internet for realtime control without restriction on range or line of sight.

Example: i want to deliver a can of
Beer to my to my dads house, he lives 3 miles away and his house is surrounded by 150foot tall trees.

I want to start up the drone and fly 3 miles and land in his garden avoiding the tress so he can get his beer. I want to take
Off again and control the drone back home.

Aside from the latency issues the FAA expressly forbids flight that is not line if sight

Former inspire one owner here. I'm looking into getting another drone soon and was wondering if a 4G dongle can be connected upto an inspire one or inspire 2 drone for internet control.

I want to be able to control the drone from my PC or tablet through the mobile phone (Cell Phone) 4G network and live stream the video to my device through the internet for realtime control without restriction on range or line of sight.

Beer to my to my dads house, he lives 3 miles away and his house is surrounded by 150foot tall trees.

I want to start up the drone and fly 3 miles and land in his garden avoiding the tress so he can get his beer. I want to take
@AMGPilot - the OP is in the UK so not under the FAA but the CAA also expressly prohibits this kind of activity as well. :)

Since Amazon has taken three years to get permission to do deliveries from the CAA which involved face to face meetings, site visits/surveys by CAA personnel (which is ongoing) and still under strict scrutiny, the chances of you as an individual getting an OSC to do similar are currently slightly less than zero.
The Inspire certainly wouldn't be the platform to do it since it's level of redundancy is insufficient.
Leaving aside the illegal aspect of what you are suggesting the logistic side would not be possible using Lightbridge technology

Reactions: rapakiri

I just read in an update from EASA that in Europe, general IFR regulation for Drones will not be introduced before around 2024. And it will not (never) be allowed for recreational users. Only for certified IFR pilots. The IFR training will be very costly. Just like IFR for manned flight is. Amazon, Google and the likes can under very strict conditions and terms proceed with research and try outs, and feed back their findings and information needed to setup the regulations.

Last edited:
I just read in an update from EASA that in Europe, general IFR regulation for Drones will not be introduced before around 2024. And it will not (never) be allowed for recreational users. Only for certified IFR pilots. The IFR training will be very costly. Just like IFR for manned flight is. Amazon, Google and the likes can under very strict conditions and terms proceed with research and try outs, and feed back their findings and information needed to setup the regulations.
Let us not forget if EASA are saying 2024 it is likely to be later. EASA have never done anything on time. :rolleyes:

So in other words there is no MODs available today that can do this? It would be very cool to do.

Unfortunately no for me.
Even if there were, you couldn't use it anyway (in the way you mention) since it would be breaking several laws (not guidelines) and if caught would land you with a hefty fine.
But I get the point you are making.

I would be willing to take the risk as the possibility of being caught would be very slim indeed.

I'm new to the sight and tried to start a thread but it won't work.
I just bought a brand new Phantom 4 and for some reason the battery does not seem to take a charge. I'm an electrician by trade and there is definitely power coming out of the charger but there are no lights what so ever on the battery. I've tried the connector in both directions to see if that has something to do with it. It fits firmly in both directions. I'm wondering if the battery is no good.
Any suggestions? Thanks John

I just bought a brand new Phantom 4 and for some reason the battery does not seem to take a charge. I'm an electrician by trade and there is definitely power coming out of the charger but there are no lights what so ever on the battery. I've tried the connector in both directions to see if that has something to do with it. It fits firmly in both directions. I'm wondering if the battery is no good.
What is the state of battery? Is it fully/partially charged or dead? Push the button once to see ... If all four LED indicators are light-up, the battery may not accept any charging. What do you mean "direction" of the connector? What connector? The polarity of DC output? There should be NO WAY to make alternative connection with battery receptacle!

Hello and welcome to the forum.
You have joined Inspire Pilots, however since you have purchased a P4 your question might be better placed over on Phantom Pilots :)
DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizamartin8033