Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Issues with the ssd reader?

Reaction score
I am finding that this -
t9uHNZR.png

Is not usable.

Tried 3 computers, USB ports in the back, USB ports in the front. Transferring from djissd to local drive, local SSD, and an external hard drive also connected via USB 3. No difference in transfer speed between any of the variables. The fastest transfer speed I have seen off this card is 2.5mb/s.
The external hard drive in the same ports maxes out the transfer rate. What is wrong with the DJI SSD reader?

I've had this drone less than a week and so far i've had 3 major issues - the camera snaps back to center any time I take a photo / start recording (
)
the plate antennas are a huge piece of **** and on both remotes the inspire looses signal about 500ft away over open ground, and now this.

Did everyone else who bought an inspire 2 have a similar experience and just got on with it? For this amount of money it feels like a lot of this doesn't work properly.

Not used my SSD much but no problems so far.

No camera snap back either.

I have to agree, the Patch antenna is useless past about 500 ft. Which country are you based in as I am wondering if the poor performance of the Patch is due to the UKs very low permitted transmission power.

What transfer speed do you get with the SSD?

I'm in the US, tested it on flat open ground in Miami.

What transfer speed do you get with the SSD?

I'm in the US, tested it on flat open ground in Miami.

Just checked...

13gb in 6 minutes, reporting a transfer rate of 37mb/s.

Not stelar performance as I usually recon on around 80mb/s from my mechanical hdd via USB3!

Thank you for checking! That's with .dng files, or a .mov?
I think there may be something wrong with my reader in that case. I'l going to try again with DJI support, they have been ignoring me for the last few days.
USB3.0 in theory can handle speeds far, far higher. I have never understood why it never does.

I think there may be something wrong with my reader in that case. I'l going to try again with DJI support, they have been ignoring me for the last few days.
USB3.0 in theory can handle speeds far, far higher. I have never understood why it never does.

4 x mov files at around 3gb each. Lots of small files (dng) could slow things up a bit.

The speed I measured, whilst a lot faster than you reported, left me puzzled as to why it was so slow in comparison with a mechanical hdd.

I found out why ... I had accidentally plugged the ssd reader into a USB 2 port!

I now get a transfer time on the same files of 45 seconds which shows a data rate of 300mb/s to my Samsung NVMe SSD.

I’m pleased you asked this question as it has resulted in me solving a problem I wasn’t aware of!

The DJI reader is notoriously slow. Many have had this issue. This is a big complaint especially with copying Cinema DNG files. The fastest transfer rate I can get is 49 mbs a second with usb 3.0 on my desktop editor. Very frustrating.

300mb/s doesn’t sound slow to me.....

Maybe other people have been using USB 2 ports by mistake too?

For what it's worth - I tried it on a Mac and got proper speeds that feel like it is as fast as can be.

Essentially it doesn't work on a windows computer, transfer speeds of dng files crawl painfully slow. Weirdly, taking dng files off the micro SD card is fast - so it's definitely an issue with the SSD reader.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin