Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Jobs

How are you finding jobs?
I assume you are talking about finding commercial work, in which case this needs to be posted in the certified pilots section. (I have moved it for you).

It would also be beneficial to say what country you are talking about and what industry (Cinematograph, Mapping, Real Estate etc, etc).

You will also find this particular question has cropped up many times (and been answered) on the forum.

Utilizing the search function will yield multiple results.

How are you finding jobs?

In the beginning (about 5 years ago), I had my girlfriend build me a website with lots of Search Engine Optimization (she does this for a living). In the early days, this netted a lot of calls and accounted for all my drone income. Anymore these days, it's more word of mouth and a handful of well-established clients. I do no advertising. Drone revenue accounts for roughly half my yearly income.

D

Reactions: marctronixx
Totally concur with Donnie. I do zero advertising (I do have biz cards). I have a website and several large clients. Totally word of mouth. Also, I do not provide editing. I am only a supplier of aerial footage for big projects. My clients are the best and do an incredible job building films and commercials.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Simply put, direct your effort and passion in a direction you are familiar with. I’m an old retired construction worker. I offer still and drone photography primarily to the industry I’m familiar with. Your reputation will do more to bring in work than a full page ad in the local newspaper. I too offer business cards but do zero advertising. Practice and continually strive to refine your product. It makes a great income supplement to my pensions and SS. The added benefit is I’m out getting exercise, meeting new people, and out of my wife’s way.

Simply put, direct your effort and passion in a direction you are familiar with. I’m an old retired construction worker. I offer still and drone photography primarily to the industry I’m familiar with. Your reputation will do more to bring in work than a full page ad in the local newspaper. I too offer business cards but do zero advertising. Practice and continually strive to refine your product. It makes a great income supplement to my pensions and SS. The added benefit is I’m out getting exercise, meeting new people, and out of my wife’s way.
Did she buy you the drone ? ?

Did she buy you the drone ? ?

The truth is she did buy my first drone. It was a little guy controlled by my IPhone. My practice was chasing her cat around the house until I was officially banned for nicking lampshades. My first camera ship was funded by my still photography ventures. Now they more than pull their own weight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game